Page 1 of 2
Name some changes that you think would greatly improve movies you've seen.

I'm asking as right now I'm watching Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith on TV. And I've always thought it's an alright movie and probably the best of the prequels, but it would be so much better if the dialogue wasn't so damn bad. I mean, Anakin was talking to Obi-Wan and he just said "Don't make me kill you." Dialogue doesn't need to be that simple. And Padme is like "Anakin, you're breaking my heart." Everything is just way to direct and the script just feels really lazy.
Transformers: Replace Shia Labeouf
Transformers 2: Replace Shia Labeouf
Transformers 3: Replace Shia Labeouf
Eagle Eye: Replace Shia Labeouf
Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull: Stop the movie in pre-production, kill shia labeouf
Pirates of the Caribbean: Nude scene with Keira Knightley

That's about it.
Quote by The Madcap
Name some changes that you think would greatly improve movies you've seen.

I'm asking as right now I'm watching Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith on TV. And I've always thought it's an alright movie and probably the best of the prequels, but it would be so much better if the dialogue wasn't so damn bad. I mean, Anakin was talking to Obi-Wan and he just said "Don't make me kill you." Dialogue doesn't need to be that simple. And Padme is like "Anakin, you're breaking my heart." Everything is just way to direct and the script just feels really lazy.

Quote by The Madcap
Revenge Of The Sith

the best of the prequels

No.

Phantom Menace is the greatest.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Agreed...every time I watch Revenge of the Sith I always wish Anakin wouldn't become Vader/go to the dark side, but I know it must happen
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
The fact is, George Lucas is a very imaginative and creative man, and also very talented....but he's not a very good director, and needs help with specific dialogue. So, Star Wars prequel movies would be better if George's ego was smaller and he didn't direct. The stories were potentially good, he just needed help.

/Star Wars Nerd.
Replace Maggie Gyllenhaal from the Dark Knight with an actress with better chemistry with Aaron Eckhart and Christian Bale.
Also tweak the character. She was such a bitch when Harvey "admitted" to being the Batman. "You're right, letting Harvey take the blame is not heroic at all." Just felt like introducing her to the back of my hand there.

And when cutting away from the last scene with the Joker (when he's hanging upside-down from the building), he's laughing, then they cut right to the place Gordon and Harvey are at... I think they should have cut just as they did... but leaving the Joker's laugh echo, and not cut out with the scene. Makes it more erie and haunting, also make's the joker's lingering influence on that final scene more evident, as his laugh lingers/echos into the new scene.
Well talking more recently, I think there should have been another plot element to Green Lantern. Like going back to re-train or something.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Primus2112
No.

I'd agree. Sure, Jar Jar was annoying, but other than that I thought it was a decent movie.

The 2nd was just awful, and the 3rd was alright minus the terrible dialogue and bad acting. I could see the potential at least, which is more than I can say about the 2nd.
AI Artificial Intelligence: Stanley Kubrick as director.

X-Men Last Stand: Bryan Singer as director and David Hayter as writer.

Spider-Man 3: Less studio meddling.

X-Men First Class: Less expository dialog.

I'll think of more later.
Quote by daytripper75
I'd agree. Sure, Jar Jar was annoying, but other than that I thought it was a decent movie.

The 2nd was just awful, and the 3rd was alright minus the terrible dialogue and bad acting. I could see the potential at least, which is more than I can say about the 2nd.
It's been a while since I've seen the first, but Ewan McGregor (sp?) is probably the best actor in the prequels. He's the only one with a somewhat believable performance. Especially in III.
Quote by TheReverend724

I think he is, and like I said I agree with him.

The first felt more like a Star Wars movie than the 2nd or 3rd.

Quote by The Madcap
It's been a while since I've seen the first, but Ewan McGregor (sp?) is probably the best actor in the prequels. He's the only one with a somewhat believable performance. Especially in III.

Yeah he was the only one that consistently did a good job. Then again he's a good actor in general. What sucks is that Natalie Portman is a great actress, but they either miscast her or they just did a terrible job of writing a good part for her.

I thought Samuel L. Jackson was decent too, but he didn't exactly have a major role.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Transformers: Replace Shia Labeouf
Transformers 2: Replace Shia Labeouf
Transformers 3: Replace Shia Labeouf

That's about it.

I agree with those three ^^ He ruins the movie.

I wanted to go to Moscow to see Linkin Park live for the premiere of Transformers 3
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by The Madcap

you must be forgetting liam neeson
Yes the first one felt more like a Star Wars movie, but the third is just the better film. Episode I is just boring. Episode III is more action packed and has better acting (it isn't saying much but it's true). III also has more memorable moments in general.
Quote by MakinLattes
The prequels would be better if they were never made.

Lies, they're essential, along with the rumored VII, VIII, and IX episodes. The Yuuzhan Vong invasion must be brought to life!
Quote by sticksause
Yes the first one felt more like a Star Wars movie, but the third is just the better film. Episode I is just boring. Episode III is more action packed and has better acting (it isn't saying much but it's true). III also has more memorable moments in general.

I've always found the first to be the most appealing. I've certainly watched it more than the others.

Hayden Christensen's acting in the 3rd was just awful, and it really hurt my opinion of the movie.
Quote by daytripper75

darth maul could've been such a better villain, though.
Go Veg.
Quote by im not mental
darth maul could've been such a better villain, though.

I agree, but he was still awesome. There's a reason why people are still talking about him. He was under-utilized and still made a pretty big impact.
Quote by !@#$
The fact is, George Lucas is a very imaginative and creative man, and also very talented....but he's not a very good director, and needs help with specific dialogue. So, Star Wars prequel movies would be better if George's ego was smaller and he didn't direct. The stories were potentially good, he just needed help.

/Star Wars Nerd.

I agree with this.

George does his best work when he's not in the director's chair, and basically acts as a creative coordinator, and assistant to the director (not assistant director, though, totally different).

Empire Strikes Back proved this. He never told Kershner EXACTLY what to do. He gave him a bit of guidance, some technical and staff support, and let him do his thing. And Empire flourished for it.

I think Lucas tried to think, "Hey, I'm older, wiser, and have more money to play around with. I want to direct these prequels myself, and be more independent than on the last two films." And THAT'S where he went wrong. He needed to be an indirect influence again.

[/Star Wars rant]
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Primus2112
No.

Midiclorians.

/discussion

I just seems to me that the prequels were expected to be a hit as one of the primary factors that they weren't great, they are ok at best.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Titanic. Why the **** didn't Rose just move over on the door at the end to share it with Jack????
Phantom Menace: if it didn't suck.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
"For a Few Dollars More." My favorite "Dollars" movie, but Indio's back-story didn't exactly seem right. Indio (antagonist) breaks into a house, kills a dude, and then rapes his woman. But what ****s up his mind is when she kills herself mid-coitus? I mean, I understand how his actions are essential to the plot, but that just seemed a little stupid.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Inception ending, just a stupid unnecessary way to get people talking about the movie.
I think the Star Wars prequels all have some really great action sequences going for them. The lightsaber duel at the end of The Phantom Menace is just fantastic.
If the studio had let Quentin Tarantino direct Natural Born Killers, it would have been a masterpiece instead of just a decent film. He wrote the original script, which was then edited by Oliver Stone (who ended up directing).

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Holy Katana
Meet the Spartans would've been better if the director of it had been executed for making such an abomination.

Yet you watched it...

I thought it was quite obvious that it was a terrible film and didn't even merit watching.
Quote by Das_Skittles
If the studio had let Quentin Tarantino direct Natural Born Killers, it would have been a masterpiece instead of just a decent film. He wrote the original script, which was then edited by Oliver Stone (who ended up directing).

+ a big fat one

Same kinda goes for True Romance, although that is still one of my favourite movies ever. It just woulda been interesting to see what Tarantino would have done differently.
Quote by Spartan101400
Lies, they're essential, along with the rumored VII, VIII, and IX episodes. The Yuuzhan Vong invasion must be brought to life!

i hate to go off topic so much but since there's obviously star wars fans here... i've always been under the impression that they were based off a series of books, but i dont know if maybe i'm just crazy or what. is it?
My sig? Nice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
i hate to go off topic so much but since there's obviously star wars fans here... i've always been under the impression that they were based off a series of books, but i dont know if maybe i'm just crazy or what. is it?

No.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by daytripper75
Yet you watched it...

I thought it was quite obvious that it was a terrible film and didn't even merit watching.

Oh, I didn't watch it. I still feel it merits the director's death, just from seeing the trailer (which they played way too much on TV, if you remember).
Quote by Spartan101400

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Traitor is my favorite SW book.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Spartan101400

This, a million times this.
oh my god, you guys know that scene where mace is fighting the chancellor and he goes nuts and shoots electricity out his fingertips?

i thought the funniest shit would be to watch that with all the sfx completely removed
Quote by Spartan101400

They really weren't essential if you think about it.

Go back to the first movie, A New Hope. Darth Vader isn't LORD OF EVERYTHING. He's just a powerful dude in a big black suit, who has superiors on the ship, excluding the Emperor himself. His "faith in ancient relgion [sic]" is scoffed at.

Obi-Wan said all he needed to about Luke's father. He was an old friend that had fought with him in the Clone Wars, but was seduced by the dark side. That's all we needed to know really.

Page 1 of 2