So I found one of these babies on Craigslist and it seems like a pretty legit deal. Anybody have experience with this amp? How's the sound? Are they reliable? I gotta know before I shell out $300 on this amp
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Quote by EncoreBlade
So I found one of these babies on Craigslist and it seems like a pretty legit deal. Anybody have experience with this amp? How's the sound? Are they reliable? I gotta know before I shell out $300 on this amp

sure, my old guitarist had one. we replaced the speaker with a G12M-25 greenback and the tone improved quite a bit (if you like a ballsier tone with more attack and grit, the stock speaker is a bit stiff but not bad). we changed the stock EL84's with JJ's (they just put out a superior EL84).

the amp didn't like pedals in the front (save a boost or OD) and the effects loop wasn't great, so if you wanna run a bunch of reverb, modulation or delay pedals then rethink this amp.

sounds pretty negative huh? not really, a guitar plugged right into the front sounded pretty damn good, and 300 bucks is a pretty good price for the amp.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
hmmm...not taking pedals too well is sort of a killjoy for me as I sort of rely on my pedals to create the different sounds needed for the songs I play. I was looking at this marshall since it'll be my first tube amp purchase and from the look of it, it seemed pretty nice.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater