HI, I'm buying an ibanez xiphos xpt700 tomorrow, and I have around $250 for the multi effects pedal, and I was fixed on buying the zoom g2.1nu but I don't know whether that's the best choice, l know line 6 is the best for amp modeling, but the cheapest line 6 effects pedal is the pod xt or pod x3 live and those are quite expensive for me, and I have a jam session on tuesday. My main genre is thrash metal and hard rock so but I like doing the clean rhythmic stuff sometimes too, im nowhere near to becoming a pro, and am just gonna be doing minor gigs till next year i guess.
im curious why you are buying a $650 guitar and then trying to get a fairly cheap multi effects pedal that will no doubt turn out to be shitty for use in a band. forget the multi-effects stuff and focus on a pedal that you feel like will lend itself to your sound. you will get less features, but if you have around $250 then thats enough for two decent pedals hopefully
Zoom G2.1NU is best for the money. Go learn how to tweak it and it'll sound better than you'll ever imagine.
Why buy a G2 when you can buy a Zoom G7.1 on ebay for about $200, a much better unit and more processing power, although it does require you to spend some time learning to edit patches
If you have $250 I would save up a little more and get a pod hd300,400, or 500. They are a lot Better than the zoom g21nu. You can find pod hd300's for around $270 used if you look hard enough.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Get yourself a Rocktron Utopia.
I got one and I love it, especially the trash and metal settings are awesome (try "Scorch" / trash lord".
For Hard Rock, "Great Tone" is awesome.
Enjoy.
Do you want purely effects, or do you want amp modeling too?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
If i were u, I'd get the DigiTech RP500. U get so many fx and amps for only $299.99
Quote by firebowl99
If i were u, I'd get the DigiTech RP500. U get so many fx and amps for only $299.99

He could get a used pod hd400 for around that price. He would like the pod hd better than the rp500.
Quote by kutless999
If you have $250 I would save up a little more and get a pod hd300,400, or 500. They are a lot Better than the zoom g21nu. You can find pod hd300's for around $270 used if you look hard enough.

I got my "used" HD500 for $320 and it was in pristine condition with all the stickers still on it
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
you see, I got the guitar really cheap, for like $400 6 months used, and I checked it out its in mint condition. Anyway how about line 6 floor pod plus? or zoom gfx-8? please recommend within this price. Vox tonelab st?
Well, the floor pod plus is made of plastic, and I heard that the effects on the tonelab aren't that great. The best unit for effects is probably the rp355, and the best unit amp modeling is the Vox tonelab. But if you have $250, then you can be looking at a used pod hd300, which is better than all those units.
Used guitar center. cheap to free shipping. Money back gurantee.

Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
You should be able to find used Pod XT Lives for $150. I recently saw new Pod HD400's going for $260 on sale. IMO a used multifx is the way to go because they are so much cheaper. I paid $225 for my RP1000. I see RP500's going for about $150 on eBay.

Also it's important to know what features you want before recommending. Do you want a looper or drum machine? Do you want enough footswitches to have a stompbox mode?
ok, first of all I can't buy stuff from those websites cause I'm not from the states, and don't want to have it shipped. I'll buy the pedal from a local shop and the only ones available are : zoom g2.1nu, zoom gfx-8, vox tonelab st, line 6 floor pod,line 6 pod x3, line 6 pod x3 live...... I don't really care that much for effects cause the only ones I'll be using would be the thrash metal tone, death metal tone, that bluesy tone for certain solos, and some clean stuff for alterbridge stuff. so I've narrowed it down to vox tonelab st OR zoom g2.1nu. which one will sound better basically for these tones? personallly I looked up videos on both of them and I like the tone of the vox better it seems more analog and you know the sound is more natural
I have the Boss ME-50 and it has all the stuff you seem to be looking for. It has all sorts of Distortion/OD for Metal. It is pretty much made up with a combination of their various pedals so it's real simple to use and create settings for. It can also help get an awesome clean tone with it's delay/reverb and other modulation effects. The best thing I like about it though is it's compressor. Check out the reviews here on UG it got great reviews. I haven't seen many for sale as I think it has been replaced by the ME-70 which also looks ace.
Quote by soon2shred94
ok, first of all I can't buy stuff from those websites cause I'm not from the states, and don't want to have it shipped. I'll buy the pedal from a local shop and the only ones available are : zoom g2.1nu, zoom gfx-8, vox tonelab st, line 6 floor pod,line 6 pod x3, line 6 pod x3 live...... I don't really care that much for effects cause the only ones I'll be using would be the thrash metal tone, death metal tone, that bluesy tone for certain solos, and some clean stuff for alterbridge stuff. so I've narrowed it down to vox tonelab st OR zoom g2.1nu. which one will sound better basically for these tones? personallly I looked up videos on both of them and I like the tone of the vox better it seems more analog and you know the sound is more natural

The zoom will be better for metal and the tonelab will be better for overdrive.
I just found out that zoom g2.1nu does not have aux in or headphone out and I need those. so I have to decide between the digitech rp255, but it looks like a toy XD is it any good? or should I get the slightly better one the rp355? I'll probably buy a more expensive pedal around july next year, so which pedal will be more useful? I think I will mostly use :
1. thrash metal\death metal tone
2. wah
3. those cool opeth type clean sounds, with the slight delay XD
Quote by soon2shred94
I just found out that zoom g2.1nu does not have aux in or headphone out and I need those. so I have to decide between the digitech rp255, but it looks like a toy XD is it any good? or should I get the slightly better one the rp355? I'll probably buy a more expensive pedal around july next year, so which pedal will be more useful? I think I will mostly use :
1. thrash metal\death metal tone
2. wah
3. those cool opeth type clean sounds, with the slight delay XD

I would get the rp355. It is so much better than the rp255. The 355 has a stompbox mode which allows you to turn effects, distoriton, and delay on and off with the push of the foot switch. The rp355 also has two more knobs to control all the parameters of the amp models, effects, etc. The 355 also has more effects and amp models. And when you use the looper, you can scroll up and down on the presets instead of just up on the 255. The rp355 has a great wah and great cleans and delays. It's metal tone is pretty good if you tweak it right. And no, it does not feel like a toy. It is made out of metal and is very solid.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 3, 2011,