Im looking at a Boss ME-25 and im wondering why buy a load of pedals when this seems to be loads combined into one package for just £150?

So does this have
Distortion
O/D
Flanger
Chorus
Delay
Reverb
on it?

It would cost me hundreds of pounds to buy all those pedals seperately, not to mention the mess it would look. It just seems too good to be true for the price. My RC-2 alone cost almost as much as the ME-25

I already have a RC-2 loop station and a DS-1. Would i still need to keep those if i bought the ME-25?

I know it has about 38secs of loop time but if i connected this to my computer could i record a full song as an mp3. Then even do riffs and bass over the top and save all of it as one mp3, essentially recording a song at home??
Well, have you listened to the me 25? Multi effects pedals usually don't sound as good as single pedals(unless you the axe fx 2) I would keep those two pedals you have just in case.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 30, 2011,
So i gather from doing a bit of research but for what i want it for it seems like a good buy.

To buy all those pedals seperately it would cost me close to £1000. If i was a pro musician then it wouldnt be a problem. I like just playing at home and having an occasional jam with friends.

Surely for the price its gotta be good for what i want it for.

Also, does the software allow me to record a full track as an mp3 and put on a cd or send it to a friend over the internets??

Thanks
I'm pretty sure you can record the unit with the software. Have you looked at other mfx units?
Not really,

just had a quick look at the RP350 but its a little pricier.

I just want to be able to use FXs all in one bundle without forking out loads and having them all in one unit is a bonus too.

I sold my MG DFX, not a grerat amp but the built in delay and chorus etc were quite handy. Got a Blackstar HT5 and although the tone is tonnes better i am kinda missing some FX
I'm just saying that the me 25 does not come with a power supply. You'll have to buy one separately. You can always run it on batteries but that wont last forever. I just got the rp355 and it's great for the price you pay($167).
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 30, 2011,
I have an ME-25. The clips Sneaky, Unsynced Jam, and El Loco in my profile were all done with the ME-25 and it's looper. You can use the RC-2 with it. Just place the RC-2 between the ME-25 and the amp. The ME-25 has the cool Freeze effect. You can hear it come in @ 3:00 in Sneaky and used on and off till the end.

The RP355 has two advantages. The footswitches can be used in stomp box mode and it has a drum machine. The RP's looper is only 20 sec but since you have an RC-2 that's not a big deal. However 20 sec is too short IMO as a main looper. Either are good units and having the drum machine is a good idea. You can use the drum machine in combo with the RC-2.

Syncing drums with a looper is a nearly impossible task but with practice you can make it workable. The clip Unsynced Jam is an example of the drums going out of sync with the loop. Hence the name.
I have an ME-25 and it's distortion blows the DS-1 out of the water. The DS-1 was my first pedal and trust me if you ever get a ME-25 you won't want anything to do with a DS-1.
Quote by metalcoredude39
I have an ME-25 and it's distortion blows the DS-1 out of the water. The DS-1 was my first pedal and trust me if you ever get a ME-25 you won't want anything to do with a DS-1.

What? How is a dgital ds1 better than an anolog ds1?
Quote by kutless999

Yeah, from what ive read the only downside to the ME25 is the distortion/overdrive.

Which shouldnt be a problem as i already have a DS-1
I would really take a look at the rp355. It's about the same price as the me25 and IMO, it is alot better. There are plenty of videos on the rp355 on YouTube. I also did a review on it. Go to my profile page and check it out. It's under contributions.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 1, 2011,
OR you can buy my Line 6 floor pod plus.

JK (maybe not)

BUT it WILL sound worse than individual pedals, but as for a beginner multi pedals are the goof.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by kutless999
Maybe because it doesn't sound like a DS-1. Or maybe because it sounds like a DS-1 but better. I couldn't say because I've never owned a DS-1.