Page 1 of 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0VgPy6Uk

First trailer is up.

I'm really surprised by this turn of style, this is the first Pixar trailer I've ever seen that has zero humor in it, and I'm kind of worried that Pixar is going to from their usual whimsical style and try to make a How to Train your Dragon clone.
I'm also worried that Disney execs are having a huge say in this movie, because this doesn't look like anything Pixar has ever done at all.

Opinions, thoughts?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 30, 2011,
Looks like just about every other action/fantasy major motion picture trailer in at least the last five to ten years.

Unfortunate indeed.
Quote by Dirge Humani
It looks pretty, at least.

(I had no sound)

You didn't miss much. It was just some guy talking like an Irishman.
Quote by Gyroscope
You didn't miss much. It was just some guy talking like an Irishman.

you mean Scotsman >_>
Dare I say, I see a decline in Pixar imminent (not as in going bust, but a decline in quality):

1. Cars 2 - critically panned. Apparently awful; I refuse to watch because I love Pixar too much.

2. Confirmation of a Toy Story 4 (plus a prequel to Monsters Inc in 2013 I believe); are they running out of original ideas?

3. This trailer. Though, in saying that, it is only 1 minute, and does anyone remember the first trailer to UP?! I thought they have completely lost the plot!

Only time will tell....
Quote by fender_696
Dare I say, I see a decline in Pixar imminent (not as in going bust, but a decline in quality):

1. Cars 2 - critically panned. Apparently awful; I refuse to watch because I love Pixar too much.

2. Confirmation of a Toy Story 4 (plus a prequel to Monsters Inc in 2013 I believe); are they running out of original ideas?

3. This trailer. Though, in saying that, it is only 1 minute, and does anyone remember the first trailer to UP?! I thought they have completely lost the plot!

Only time will tell....

1. Cars was a major financial success for Pixar. It was made for little kids and they wanted to milk the series for merchandising money, I highly doubt anyone at Pixar thinks of Cars 2 as anything more than a money-maker

3. Didn't see the trailer to Up!, but I didn't think the movie was as strong as others - except for the first 5 fucking minutes which had me to tears more than any other movie I have ever seen.
Quote by fender_696

Only time will tell....

UP in my opinion was a great movie. Like Ryan said, the first five minutes had me almost in tears. After that though, the film was very funny, well thought out and sweet just like Pixar films should be!

On topic: I didn't enjoy the trailer. I agree with exactly what you said Coreysmonster.
Last edited by Tentonics at Jun 30, 2011,
Quote by fender_696

Only time will tell....

wat

Toy Story 3 was perfect, there's no way they could end the series better than that.
Quote by Tentonics
UP in my opinion was a great movie. Like Ryan said, the first five minutes had me almost in tears. After that though, the film was very funny, well thought out and sweet just like Pixar films should be!

On topic: I didn't enjoy the trailer. I agree with exactly what you said Coreysmonster.
That's why I mean; Up was fantastic but, judging from the first trailer, I didn't think I was going to like it at all.

Hence the reason I am reserving my judgement with regards to Brave.

Slightly off topic, my top 10 Pixar films:

1. Wall-e
2. Toy Story
3. Toy Story 3
4. Finding Nemo
5. Up
6. Monsters Inc.
7. Ratatouille
8. Toy Story 2
9. A Bug's Life
10. The Incredibles

I realise a lot of people love The Incredibles (as do I), but it's so damn hard ranking Pixar films!
Last edited by fender_696 at Jul 2, 2011,
Quote by hriday_hazarika
HER GODDAMN HAIR IS TOO DAMN CURLY, GODDAMNIT.

NO! YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO CURLY RED HAIR!

The narrator's accent was abysmal.

I say we give it a chance though.
Quote by Antis0cial
I still have to see UP though. But lately I'm not really in the mood to watch any movie at all.

Up is one of the best Pixar movies ever. Don't forget to bring a box of tissues though.
Last edited by jimmyled at Jun 30, 2011,
I have to agree with you Ryan. I just hope this movie is a one-off and that they aren't going to keep heading in this path.

I still have to see UP though. But lately I'm not really in the mood to watch any movie at all.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by CoreysMonster
you mean Scotsman >_>

One and the same.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by CoreysMonster

What's that picture?? I can't see it
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Quote by 007dude
What's that picture?? I can't see it

It's Hades from the disney movie smoking a cigar in one breath out of rage.

OT: I liked the trailer. I think Pixar is going to try and break away from being 'that' studio that only makes 1 kind of film.
Check out my band Disturbed
They make childrens movies, I'm almost old enough to have to take my kids to see this shit, I don't really care.

I really enjoyed Wall-e, even though I saw it at my age, it was a slightly original take on the overdone love story, and it sucked me into it on an emotional level. Idr much humor in it, except for odd things that scared/wall-e did, and the fat people, but it was still good. I really liked finding nemo, it was pretty good/funny when I was younger.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 30, 2011,
I couldnt make anything of that trailer...are they doing something about Stonehenge? Will there be a Spinal Tap reference?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I don't mind if it doesn't have any humor. If pixar want's to take a more serious route I wouldn't care. What scares me is how much that bear looks like it has a wolf's face.
What the **** is it about?

I mean, I'm sold on the local curly redhead as it is, but what the **** is the plot?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by TheBurningFish
What the **** is it about?

I mean, I'm sold on the local curly redhead as it is, but what the **** is the plot?

Fuckin' dragons and shit.

I dunno, there was a horse or a bear or something.

Hriday!Edit: What kind of animals do you have in Scotsmanland except the Loch Ness monster?
^We have all the normal animals, except they are ginger.

Quote by hriday_hazarika

There's a synopsis on the Pixar site.

It actually looks quite cool, as gut wrenching as sentences like "Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland." are to read.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Jun 30, 2011,
I hate how all animated movies are stereotyped as children movies. I can't thing of any that are rated above PG. Hopefully pixar is steering away from that.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by fender_696
That's why I mean; Up was fantastic but, judging from the first trailer, I didn't think I was going to like it at all.

Hence the reason I am reserving my judgement with regards to Brave.

Slightly off topic, my top 6 Pixar films:

1. Wall-e
2. Toy Story
3. Toy Story 3
4. Finding Nemo
5. Up
6. Monsters Inc.
7. Ratatouille
8. Toy Story 2
9. A Bug's Life
10. The Incredibles

I realise a lot of people love The Incredibles (as do I), but it's so damn hard ranking Pixar films!

My favourite part was when you said top 6 and listed 10
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by fender_696

true. cars sucked.

Monsters Inc prequel would be great, every toy story movie was amazing, not gonna complain.

Only time will tell....

This looks amazing. And Up was also amazing. It's about time they did a completely serious movie.

On that note, I just saw finding nemo
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Hmm, the trailer was too short for me to form an opinion. I'll just wait and see.

Also, that .gif with Hades reminds me that I need to watch Hercules again.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by steee21
Sounded like Kevin McKidd. If so it's his normal voice...

That's what I thought. It's Soap!

Looks pretty good though. I've been waiting for a more serious movie to come from Pixar.
Quote by hriday_hazarika

Hriday!Edit: What kind of animals do you have in Scotsmanland except the Loch Ness monster?

They have wild haggis
Page 1 of 4