Hey guys,
I am going to start making my own pedalboard and I have done my research but theres only two things I dint understand:
1. If to put the pedals in front or in the fx lopp of the amp?
2. order of the pedals?

I will give you a short list of upcoming pedals that I want to buy and can someone migrate them into the two groups and put each group in the order they think is good.

Dunlop KH 95
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Boss DD-3
Boss PS-6
Boss CE-5
Ibanez AF-2
Ibanez TS-9

Thanks for all the help
Throw the NS2, the CE5 and the TS9 out the window, maybe the DD3 but those are allright.

Give us a budget.

Oh and yeah generally modulation effects (chours, delay, reverb, phaser, flanger) goes into the FX loop where as wah, distortion, fuzz goes into the front. BUT, that shouldnt be what you're doing, experiment with placement, worst thing possible is you wouldn't like the sound, thats all
Quote by stykerwolf
Throw the NS2, the CE5 and the TS9 out the window, maybe the DD3 but those are allright.

Give us a budget.

Oh and yeah generally modulation effects (chours, delay, reverb, phaser, flanger) goes into the FX loop where as wah, distortion, fuzz goes into the front. BUT, that shouldnt be what you're doing, experiment with placement, worst thing possible is you wouldn't like the sound, thats all

I dont have a budget I just work and every time I get enough money for a pedal I buy one so any tips?
What's your qualm with the TS, Claude?

You should invest in a good wah, look at the CAE and RMC's stuff. I've got a Wizard wah if you're interested.

Aside from that, just branch out. While Boss isn't bottom of the barrel (in most cases), it's no where near the top end, even within the same budget. That said, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for, so I can be of no more assistance without further knowledge of your rig.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Just make sure your TU3 is first so the signal doesnt get muddied on its way to it.

Put your distortion/overdrive into the input.

Modulation such as delay, reverb, chorus etc should go in the fx loop. I read somewhere that reverb should always come last.

Now just turn it up and rock out
Quote by stykerwolf

Give us a budget.

How drunk were you when you wrote that Claude?
And the NS-2 isn't that bad for the price.

TS, the TS is fine.
Quote by CodeMonk
How drunk were you when you wrote that Claude?
And the NS-2 isn't that bad for the price.

TS, the TS is fine.

sort of hung over but seriously, you can do better then the Ibanez TS9, for a little more you could easily get HBE, or whatever boutique level tubescreamers you want, and frankly, im going to be honest, i think the ts wants the Tubescreamer because someone he likes used it >.>

I r angry
Maybe he heard it and he liked it.
I have a TS-808 and a TS9 with an OPA2134 chip.
I like them both. Its highly unlikely the 808 will ever leave my pedalboard.

And i r angry too. VERY. but not at anyone on the interwebz.
Experiment - you may like modulation before the amp. Depends. If you use amps gain channel you willl probally want mod pedals and delay pedals in the fx loop, but if you distorion is pedal based there is nothing wrong with putting time based fx up front.

My only advice would be to reasearch a lot of other companies other than Boss - I generally find Boss pedals a bit lacking compared to their competition.