Does anyone have a suggestion for a tool or method for cutting out speaker openings in baffles? I use a "compass" I made, draw the circle, then jigsaw it. It is a less than factory perfect job. It would be nice to do it in one step. (ie: I could have a template, rough out the cut, then go around with a router, but that's too many steps.)
Quote by smokedhamtaro
Damn you leony03

Roflolol
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
fantastic thread title....

I believe you can get/make a jig for a router to make a perfect circle of varying diameter, amp/cab makers tend to have them but I would have no idea where to find one
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
One of my ex-girlfriends had that problem.

OK. That's enough jokes about the thread title. Anyone else that makes a post joking about the thread title will get a warning or banned. Only post serious stuff and try to help from here on.
You can get a circle cutting Jig for a router and use that to cut the speaker hole out. You could even make said Jog.

All you essentially do is have a straight piece of wood, and a way to secure it at one end to the center of the circle you will be cuttting out. Have a long channel cut out that a router can slide in to the desired radius, and then go.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpeedCL0QNg
Sorry about the title.

Looks like a 2 step process is what is required for 5/8 or so baffle boards to save on router bits. But the link above has me thinking. I could probably rig up something like that for the jigsaw.

Thanks for the replies!
Quote by Razbo
Sorry about the title.

Looks like a 2 step process is what is required for 5/8 or so baffle boards to save on router bits. But the link above has me thinking. I could probably rig up something like that for the jigsaw.

Thanks for the replies!

Sure could, you would obviously want to drill out a hole for the jigsaw, but it is entirely possible. I had something similar I used for awhile to cut out holes for some speaker cabinets I built for a project in college.
Harbor Freight has a tool that goes on a drill that has an adjustable radius.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate