hey guys, i wanna record some scratching. but im totalyl new to the whole thing.

I aint got much money but i'd liek to put some scratching in a few songs. how would i go doing it? so far i've got the following ideas:

1. use a real Vinyl player (old from 80s) that i have
2. use my mouse with some Virtual DJ kind of software
3. somehow hook a real vinyl player to my comp

now questions
1. how would i do that? i guess i need some sample vinyls for scratching?
2. would want a bit more on this topic
3. I was thinking if there is any software that tracks your vinyls output and makes it into a trigger or.. well think along the Drumagog kind of stuff but for scratching.

tell me everything
If you'll be using a real vinyl player, keep in mind that they're not all built to support scratching. If it's not built for it, yank the turntable once and you'll break it.
REGGIE
Quote by LeakyFlask
If you'll be using a real vinyl player, keep in mind that they're not all built to support scratching. If it's not built for it, yank the turntable once and you'll break it.

What this guy said
you MIGHT be able to scratch if you have a DJ controller. doing it with just a mouse is gonna make a mess of things, my advice, either buy yourself some vinyl, 2 decks and a mixer or look at getting a DJ controller and some software, Torq, Traktor, and Serato are some pretty decent ones, not saying VDJ is bad (i still use it myself for broadcasting, but the 3 i named are really good pieces of software) i think Traktor has a version that is set up for a more scratch DJing too
EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msdFDCcdwaA
this is a set up most modern DJs use for scratch/ beatu juggling Etc, 2 decks and some control vinyls, a mixer, an audio interface to connect it to a PC/laptop and some DJ software. more control over the mix and they instantly jump to cue points instead of having to move the needle
Hi, my name is Forrest and i play the Gee-tar

Current Equipment
Vintage V300 acoustic
Squier Bullet Strat
Fender FM 212R Amp
Vintage Les Paul

Next Guitar/Amp
none....... YET
I ALSO PRODUCE CRAPPY MUSIC
Twitter?
Last edited by OhNoItsHimAgain at Jun 30, 2011,
You need to learn how to DJ first before you learn how to Scratch, starching is just an additional skill. So you will need to vinyl decks, a mixer and a set of speakers.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jun 30, 2011,