So, most of my time I'd spend either watching movies and random stuff or playing video games on PC, and devoting less time to music and all.

So now I'm just gonna do the other thing around, spend WAY less time on PC and shit and do more music and sport.

Take that, pit
No one cares.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
pffft that's what they all say and then BAM! 6 minutes without a mouse click and straight on to google searching 'lady boys'
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jun 30, 2011,
you don't acomplish anything in life with gaming.
By making music you can make something for yourself and other people to enjoy, and enjoy making it.

that's why i quit gaming, maybe it can help you too
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Zeletros
Lady boys?... what be that?

ಠ_ಠ

...google it
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Mr.brownstone93

What?
I am out there on the front lines inspiring people to leave their jobs and fight for the greater good; pwnin' noobs!
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I hardly ever play music anymore, the inspiration just isn't there. When it is there, I play for like two minutes and think "Wow, this is boring." I much prefer listening to music.
Quote by Mr.brownstone93
By making music you can make something for yourself and other people to enjoy, and enjoy making it.

I love comments like these.

I never realised that something that is done as a hobby, simply to relax, and have fun, had to accomplish anything.

Actually, let me rephrase that. Gaming is an activity that people engage in for fun. If people have fun gaming, then they have accomplished what they set out to.

So yes, you accomplish something by gaming.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi

I never realised that something that is done as a hobby, simply to relax, and have fun, had to accomplish anything.

Actually, let me rephrase that. Gaming is an activity that people engage in for fun. If people have fun gaming, then they have accomplished what they set out to.

That's why I didn't QUIT, I just cut back
Quote by Zeletros
That's why I didn't QUIT, I just cut back

Hey man, I don't care what you do, I just hate ignorant comments like those!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Good job bro, all the best!

Won't be long til you've sprained your ankle after "sports" and you're sitting in your room all day headshotting bitches.
Quote by Mr.brownstone93

There are more than a fair few people making vast sums of money because of gaming. Gaming can also help develop social skills for those that have trouble in 'the real world'. There's a lot that can be accomplished with gaming if you have the time and skill, much like with music.
Quote by Mr.brownstone93
you don't acomplish anything in life with gaming

What about Lucas Ordonez

won a Gran Tourismo competition, earned himself a Nissan factory drive, got on the podium at Le Mans
Quote by JackalUK
Gaming can also help develop social skills for those that have trouble in 'the real world'.

What do you mean by this?
Quote by Mr.brownstone93

Then why do you still suck so much at guitar?
But it doesn't make sense that online gaming helps develop social skills. Spending all day in your room still makes you a recluse, whether you're playing online or not.
Quote by Ghefly
But it doesn't make sense that online gaming helps develop social skills. Spending all day in your room still makes you a recluse, whether you're playing online or not.

Well maybe it doesn't make sense to you...
Quote by Ghefly

But online MMO's, whilst not a substitute for actually going out and talking to people, do allow those with under-developed communication skills to talk to other people without the fear of face-to-face ridicule.

Don't get me wrong, it's not an alternative to actual social interaction, but it could be used to take the first step in developing communicative skills.

Don't let the stories of people spending their entire lives on MMO games to the extent that their real lives decay tarnish your view of it. After all, you never hear stories like "Man plays WoW, continues with healthy, normal life", because nobody gives a shit.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

Thank you. That's exactly what I was going to say to him.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Mr.brownstone93

Just to add to the tirade.

You know Demon Wolf on here attributes his knowledge of the English language to video games? He probably speaks better English than me as well. Well, types it. He still has a Swedish accent after all
Quote by metacarpi
But online MMO's, whilst not a substitute for actually going out and talking to people, do allow those with under-developed communication skills to talk to other people without the fear of face-to-face ridicule.

Don't get me wrong, it's not an alternative to actual social interaction, but it could be used to take the first step in developing communicative skills.

Which is exactly why it's not a stepping stone to becoming more comfortable in social situations, why would they venture out of their character's world when they already have everything they need in a game (so to speak)?

Don't let the stories of people spending their entire lives on MMO games to the extent that their real lives decay tarnish your view of it. After all, you never hear stories like "Man plays WoW, continues with healthy, normal life", because nobody gives a shit.

I'm very aware that many people play games healthily and regulate their time easily, but with such engrossing games such as World of Warcraft, sometimes it's hard for epeople to know when to log out and switch off (I know, I played that game for 3+ years). Sure some MMOs encourage players to work as a group, but they miss out vital aspects of a real world situation such as facial expressions, body language etc. etc., that sort of thing you can't learn from a game.

P.S, in my experience people have never been social on other sorts of games (Call of Duty; not very social at all!).