Is a meter ruler that goes down to half mm accurate enough to measure frets? If not what do I use to measure them?
I use feeler gauges for my measurements. You can pick one up for about $10 at any automotive parts store (or even a general hardware store).
Heisenberg might have been here.
i think TS might be talking about scale length. usually scale length is calculated and placed to the nearest thousandth of an inch (0.001 inches). 0.001" is 0.0254mm.
Im talking about mesuring the fret placment so I can slot my fret board. And also how do you use calipers to mesure them? I tryed that and could only go from one fret to the next and it wasn't acurate at all. Not mesuring from the nut to the fret if you make one small mistake it gose through to all your mesurments and makes them all wrong. So how do you guys do it with calipers?
Quote by da_
Im talking about mesuring the fret placment so I can slot my fret board. And also how do you use calipers to mesure them? I tryed that and could only go from one fret to the next and it wasn't acurate at all. Not mesuring from the nut to the fret if you make one small mistake it gose through to all your mesurments and makes them all wrong. So how do you guys do it with calipers?

Calipers would help measure the fret dimensions (height, tang, etc). When measuring your fret slots, measure every slot from one single point (the nut).

It can be done without any special gear, just using a mitrebox and an appropriate saw to slot with. You can actually build a guitar with a few basic tools, so it is doable. Work slowly, measure 5 times.