thoughts??
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
They're okay, depends what you want it for

if you want a small, cheap, good looking, quiet, clean sounding practice/recording amp then get one.
I like turtles.

vague thread is vague - what do you want to know about the champion 600 exactly?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Stock speaker and valves aren't up to much. I replaced all the tubes with NOS/Old stock valves (threw a 5751 in the pre to lower gain), then ran the speaker out (via an impedance matcher) to a vintage spec Weber 1x12. Absolutely LOVELY tone playing it this way, plus it's pretty loud to boot.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Here's a clip of me and my band rehearsing, I am running through the Champion 600 into the Weber speaker, volume cranked to 10/12. Speaker is UNMICED. Having a good quality speaker really helps with volume and projection - as you can tell it can easily keep up with a three piece band. Apologies for audio quality, it was recorded on an iPhone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP71gnjVvGs
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
just wanted some opinions on it. i was wanting to get a diff amp. it was between that, vypyr, or mustang.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by jukejointjohnny
Stock speaker and valves aren't up to much. I replaced all the tubes with NOS/Old stock valves (threw a 5751 in the pre to lower gain), then ran the speaker out (via an impedance matcher) to a vintage spec Weber 1x12. Absolutely LOVELY tone playing it this way, plus it's pretty loud to boot.

i hear alot of this, and some even go as far as to replace the output transformer. either way, after the changes people are usually quite happy with the amp. before the changes it's pretty meh, but it is only 150 usd.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
At the very least the shitty grill cloth needs to be removed. It looks cool but it's way too thick and far from acoustically transparent. An extension cab would be an even better option.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
ohh okay. id prolly have to get a distortion pedal too. so maybe its better to just get the vypyr or mustang for now. and save up for a better tube amp down the road.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
ohh okay. id prolly have to get a distortion pedal too. so maybe its better to just get the vypyr or mustang for now. and save up for a better tube amp down the road.

what kind of music do you play?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
metal/hardcore and rock mostly.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Ya, Champ is not gonna work for you in the slightest. What's your budget?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
lol you don't want a champ.

budget?
i had the cube 15xl but someone is buying that and my esp ltd m-15 so i wanted to get a new smaller amp just for practice because im just a beginner. i just wanted some effects to play with. so nothing too crazy. maybe like $150 at the most for right now and later i can get something nicer.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
the vypyr, mustang, vox vt, microcube should all deliver.
cool thanks.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A