So, I'll try to keep this short. I want to save up for a new guitar and I've come across some choices. The brands I have in mind are Schecter, Carvin, and Caparison. I'm thinking of getting a 7 string but if I do end up deciding (or if you guys convince me) on a 6 string I'll most likely save up for a Caparison. Floyd Rose doesn't matter that much but I wouldn't mind having one.

Alright, some of the models I have in mind are the Schecter C-6 or C-7 Custom, Carvin 727, and the Caparison TAT II Frozen Sky model or Dellinger model. I know the price range is going to be huge lol. The Schecter will run me at most around $800-$900 and will probably be the most bang for my buck. I just found out about the Carvin 7 string models ( I didn't know they made them) and they seem awesome! The nice thing is that since they are made in the US I can get one custom made for considerably cheaper than elsewhere. I read a Carvin could run anywhere between $900-1.5K depending on the options I choose. Finally, the Caparison is something I've always liked for a long time ever since I saw them in a guitar world magazine a long time ago. I really like everything I've read about them and TAT II Frozen Sky but the only thing holding me back is the lack of information and price. The damn guitar runs about 2.5K!

Now, I don't mind saving up for a Caparison since they seem to be brilliant guitars because I recently got a Mesa Boogie Mark IV and I would like to have an equally good guitar to go with it, so I don't need advice about budet because I'll be determined to save up for whatever I think I'm going to go for. I just want some advice and opinions on any of these guitars from whatever you have heard/read about them or from personal experience.

Thanks a bunch .

TLDR: Saving up for a new guitar, the brands I'm looking at are Schecter, Carvin, and Caparison, would like advice please.

Edit: Oh, you know what I forgot to add one more thing that I think I forgot to mention in the first post. The only thing is that I was thinking of getting a 7 string but if i go for a Caparison I think I would rather just get a quality 6 string with a floyd rose and supposedly those TAT II models are amazing. If I get a 7 string I was looking at the Schecters or possibly the Carvin since it seems interesting enough to warrant a look.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Last edited by BlueAltitudes at Jul 1, 2011,
I got a Carvin CT-624 about 6 months ago, and it's hands down the best guitar I've ever played. Everybody says their pickups suck, but I haven't found that to be true personally... I actually get a lot of compliments from other guitar players that the pups are pretty nice. They sound great with gain, and they clean up very well with the volume knob. Harmonics come through very clearly, and I really have no complaints. I play through a mark IV as well, and it sounds beastly with my Carvin.

I've never been terribly impressed with Schecter. I've played a few, and even owned one for a while. Didn't have quite the sound or feel I was after. But take that with a grain of salt, because my amp at the time was a crappy spider III.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
I got a Carvin CT-624 about 6 months ago, and it's hands down the best guitar I've ever played. Everybody says their pickups suck, but I haven't found that to be true personally... I actually get a lot of compliments from other guitar players that the pups are pretty nice. They sound great with gain, and they clean up very well with the volume knob. Harmonics come through very clearly, and I really have no complaints. I play through a mark IV as well, and it sounds beastly with my Carvin.

I've never been terribly impressed with Schecter. I've played a few, and even owned one for a while. Didn't have quite the sound or feel I was after. But take that with a grain of salt, because my amp at the time was a crappy spider III.

I would venture to bet those complaints about the pickups come from metal players haha. Metalheads tend to be picky including me =O. I should have mentioned some styles of music I like. I generally listen to everything but when I play guitar, especially electric I general play anything from shred, rock, metal, some jazz, classical, etc. I can list specific bands/artists/etc later.

I forgot to address the second paragraph =O. I have a Schecter and I've had it for the past 4 or 5 years so I'm pretty comfortable with them. That's why I'm considering getting a better Schecter in the C-6 or C-7.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Last edited by BlueAltitudes at Jul 1, 2011,
Hmm, out of these 3 guitars which of them is more versatile in your opinion? I know that Schecters and Caparisons are more known for metal I think. But Carvin, I'm not so sure.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
If your willing to save, Caprison all the way.

It sounds like at the end of the day, thats the guitar you want, everything else will just be an added expense before you eventually buy it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
If your willing to save, Caprison all the way.

It sounds like at the end of the day, thats the guitar you want, everything else will just be an added expense before you eventually buy it.

To be honest with you that is the guitar I want haha. BUT if any of these guitars may also be comparable and/or cheaper (like the Carvin) then I may go with that; for now at least and also because it wouldn't hurt to add more guitars to my collection. I just want some more opinions. Also, does anyone know of anymore forums that I could post this at? I know I'm going to go to the Caparison forums sometime soon to post this as well.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
Trust me, they arent.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Oh, you know what I forgot to add one more thing that I think I forgot to mention in the first post. The only thing is that I was thinking of getting a 7 string but if i go for a Caparison I think I would rather just get a quality 6 string with a floyd rose and supposedly those TAT II models are amazing. If I get a 7 string I was looking at the Schecters or possibly the Carvin since it seems interesting enough to warrant a look.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
For a 7, Ibanez Prestige over a Schecter. Well spec'd Carvin over both if you dislike the Ibanez necks.

If you really want a 7, you can get a Dellinger 7 btw.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
For a 7, Ibanez Prestige over a Schecter. Well spec'd Carvin over both if you dislike the Ibanez necks.

Hmm, well to be honest I hadn't checked out the Ibanez Presige models. I remember a long time ago when I was going to get my first guitar I wanted an Ibanez Prestige but I ended up getting a Schecter C-1 Plus. I'll have to check it out.

And yeah, I just saw the Dellinger 7 a bit before you posted. I think I'll stick with the 6 string route if I end up going with Caparison, which I'm thinking of doing again.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
If you can get a 1527, it is a fantastic instrument. All prestige Ibanez guitars are.

It really does sound to me like you want a Caparison though dude

Thats the problem with guitars, you will buy whatever you want, but if its not the guitar you wanted, you wont be happy till you do eventually buy one. Thats certainly what I found anyway

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
If you can get a 1527, it is a fantastic instrument. All prestige Ibanez guitars are.

It really does sound to me like you want a Caparison though dude

Thats the problem with guitars, you will buy whatever you want, but if its not the guitar you wanted, you wont be happy till you do eventually buy one. Thats certainly what I found anyway

Well, I do really want a Caparison but while I may really want it I hear it is overpriced here in the US. In Japan I read that they go for about 1.2K or maybe slightly more. And while I said I wouldn't mind saving up for one if I do decide to just go for it, it's still the one thing holding me back plus lack of information (at least the info. I've found). There are only 3 dealers of Caparison in the US and they are all on the east coast. The only way I can get one is through the internet or contacting the dealers. I looks like the Axe Palace would be the best choice for me.

And yeah, while I may not get the guitar that is "The ONE" at least it would be an amazing guitar in it's own right.

And really man, this is going to be a long term goal for now. I'm just gathering information and opinions.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
I've got a Caparison myself, and they're REALLY worth the money. I know they're somewhat more expensive and harder to find in the USA than in Japan, but they're worth every penny.

If you really want to pursue one, the internet is your best option (unless you feel like travelling to Japan to buy one). I know there's a guy on eBay who regularly has Caparisons, but they usually start at 2K or something. One of those dealers you mentioned can probably get you a better fix on pricing and everything, so that might a better idea.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Quote by HollishGuy
I've got a Caparison myself, and they're REALLY worth the money. I know they're somewhat more expensive and harder to find in the USA than in Japan, but they're worth every penny.

If you really want to pursue one, the internet is your best option (unless you feel like travelling to Japan to buy one). I know there's a guy on eBay who regularly has Caparisons, but they usually start at 2K or something. One of those dealers you mentioned can probably get you a better fix on pricing and everything, so that might a better idea.

By any chance have you played/owned a Schecter or a Carvin before? If you have, then how does the Caparison compare?

I think what I'm going to end up doing at this rate is save up for a Caparison TAT II Frozen Sky/Dark Night and get a Custom Carvin 7 string after that.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
i don't know a lot about caprison, but i would look into suhr or anderson prior to getting anything else again other than the caprison. they are top notch guitars in every aspect.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I can't comment on the Caparison, as I've never played one, but I love my Carvin to death, so I can comment on that - I've had it almost a year, and had periods of doubt of it, so I'm confident the honeymoon stage is over, and it beats out so many great guitars for me - Good Les Pauls, most Fenders, a lot of PRS', Rickenbackers, Jackson, Ibanez, it's an incredible guitar, and an immense bargain. I paid $1,800 for specs I couldn't find anything close to on guitars less than $2,500.

Again, I can't comment on the Caparison, so I'm not going to - I'm smart enough to know not to lie about what I do and don't know. But I do know the Carvin will kick the ass of the Schecters, and almost if not all the guitars you'll find instores.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Tom 1.0

Pretty much this. I've only played a 7 a couple of times but I've played Three Carvins and they all played great.

Carvin guitars are some of the most under rated
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
I've thought about some more and I think I'm just going to save up for the Caparison Frozen Sky/Dark Night TAT II model. If that model somehow disappears I may get a Dellinger. When I decided to get a 7 string guitar I'm going to get a custom Carvin. Sounds like a good plan to me hehe.

Then if I ever want another really good guitar sometime again I'll probably get a Suhr guitar =D!
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all