I've been in the market for a new axe in this price range..and not that i question it's authenticity, but at the same time when purchasing something from Japan a little suspicion is raised and risk equated..what do YOU think? the logo looks slightly suspicious but other than that this MIJ Fender Jazzmaster has got to be one of the finest axes i've come across..please let me know what you think..again i am not questioning the price of it or anything like that..and the seller has only positive feedback

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280703706116&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4348wt_1012
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Dreadnought
Martin 000-28
MIJ Fender Telecaster
Yamaha Pacifica (strat body)
Mesa/Boogie Subway Rocket

Boomgerang E-155
Ibanez Rotary Chorus RC-99
T-Rex Octavius
H.B.E. ComPressor Retro
Last edited by Tuckerdafox at Jun 30, 2011,
I'm a little confused. It says it's a semi-hollow, when it most definitely isn't...

edit:

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/ebay/315341106/2.jpg

That picture, looking from the front (and the main pic for the auction) - the control panel looks like its been blocked out in paint :S?
It might just be a shitty picture, and I'm not particularly into Fenders so I'm no expert - the screws match up to real ones, but otoh im looking around some shopping sites and I can't find any with white fretboard binding.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Jun 30, 2011,
^ I'm with that guy. It's sketchy enough with the bad logo. It says semi hollow and isn't, and then it says ash top and back, alder body. Isn't much left to the body after top and back unless they mean ash cap...but who caps with ash? lol although to be honest I'm no semi hollow expert.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

I also can't find any with plain Ash tops, they're all coloured, even on Fender's site;
http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/index.php?bodyShape=Jazzmaster%C2%AE&section=guitars

Those are current production, this might be an OOP model I guess though. Any Fender players wanna call me on it?

edit: ^Yup, you're right - one picture of the guitar's headstock logo is obscured by lighting - that might be purposeful. Clever (believable) scammer or unlucky photoshoot?
The other pic including the headstock is tiny (and NOT included in the seller's photos at the bottom of the ad)

I wouldn't trust this one mate.
It is a semi-hollow. They're a fairly new model made by Fender Japan and they also do a semi-hollow Jaguar as far as I remember.
Semi-hollow, as in it's chambered or something, hence no F-hole or the like?

edit: for above again, do you have a link to one? I'm googling semi hollow jazzmaster and not getting anything :S
yes..the logo is what is bothering me..i own a MIJ Fender tele and the logo is nothing like that..as for the semi-hollow body it doesn't need f-holes to be a semi hollow, there are thinlines that are classified as semi-hollow's that are the similar style..i am no expert either though
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Dreadnought
Martin 000-28
MIJ Fender Telecaster
Yamaha Pacifica (strat body)
Mesa/Boogie Subway Rocket

Boomgerang E-155
Ibanez Rotary Chorus RC-99
T-Rex Octavius
H.B.E. ComPressor Retro
Quote by The_Sad_Panda
It's chambered...
There's some more info on this guitar here:
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47271

Ah cool man, like I say, I'm not too hot on my Fender knowledge no more, my bad.

edit: Looking at those photos, I still have suspicions about the auction because of the shit/doctored(?) pics, though I retract my idea about binding, obviously that's come back in.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Semi-hollow, as in it's chambered or something, hence no F-hole or the like?

edit: for above again, do you have a link to one? I'm googling semi hollow jazzmaster and not getting anything :S

Jazzmaster
http://fenderjapan.co.jp/jm_ho.html

Jag
http://fenderjapan.co.jp/jg_ho.html

Quote by Tuckerdafox
yes..the logo is what is bothering me..i own a MIJ Fender tele and the logo is nothing like that..as for the semi-hollow body it doesn't need f-holes to be a semi hollow, there are thinlines that are classified as semi-hollow's that are the similar style..i am no expert either though

The logo is fine; that's the way Jazzmaster logos have always looked.
Quote by SexyLikeAPig
What...?

Meaning they haven't been worn down over time or redressed which affects the height

Ishibashi has a very good reputation, I doubt they'd try and pull a fast one, it simply wouldn't be worth it for them
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Eh, it's Fender Japan (which is technically a different company than the MIM and MIA Fenders). They do weird shit there.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
Eh, it's Japan. They do weird shit there.

Fix'd
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Ishibashi is one of the biggest music stores in Japan (Tokyo, as far as I know ). It should be their official account, though I don't really know much about that. The logo is identical to my CIJ JM, and Fender Japan have a completely different lineup to Fender elsewhere, for some reason.

The one thing I'd note is that Japanese JM pickups are basically strat coils in a big cover. I'd recommend replacing them if you're after an authentic tone.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by mattkendell
Fix'd

I knew someone would do that.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi