Hey guys I need some advice for a amp that I can use while practicing with a drummer.

Budget: nothing over 500€. Something around 300€ would be best.
Genres: Metal, but I'd like to have some nice cleans

I'll be mainly using it for jamming with a drummer and another guitarist. I don't think we'd be having gigs. I also don't know how long and how often we will be doing this, that's why I don't want the amp to be too expensive. The best possible case would be if I could use the amp at home too.
I'd go used or new. Both would be ok.

I have an ME-25 which does some more or less decent amp models and distortions. So I'm thinking that I should maybe look for a decent solid state amp without much unnessecary features like in build-in modelling.
I've had good experiences with the Roland Cube series.
This video tells pretty much everything, nice clean sound to a heavy metal distortion, it's the Roland Cube 40xl, but the Cube 80xl could be loud enough for playing with the drummer, the 80xl is basically the same as 40xl, but it's louder, the price is around 300€-350€
You should consider about it because it has the amplifier modelling already, as you have the pedal, but try it out at some music store, and see how it is

But remember, I'm not an expert, and also this is my first advice post, and this is my opinion, so don't take this too seriously

QUICK EDIT: I saw at your page that you have the Cube 15x, so are you satisfied about it's tone, 'cause the 40 and 80xl can have similar tones
Last edited by SacredJones at Jul 2, 2011,
that was a great review just sat and watched it as im in a similar situation im gonna check these out next time in town!
Thank you. I'll definetly take a look at the newer cubes. The only thing that bothers me about them is that they have the same modelling technology as my effect pedal (it sounds good) so I could get a similar sound with it and an clean amp without as much features.
Quote by Tomura
Thank you. I'll definetly take a look at the newer cubes. The only thing that bothers me about them is that they have the same modelling technology as my effect pedal (it sounds good) so I could get a similar sound with it and an clean amp without as much features.

Probably
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90