So I'm off to college soon, but I need to find a major.

I am going to be a firefighter, but my college only has fire administration as a minor.

On my off days, I want to be a substitute teacher.

I need a simple major so I can focus on paramedic school, which will probably kick my ass.

I'm thinking elementary education?
Get a masters in The Beatles.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You don't need a degree to be a firefighter, but I want one so I can work my way up to a battalion chief faster. If I have it, and the other candidate doesn't, I have the upper hand
Maybe you should try a science or something. You could fight fires and work in the industry designing stuff or something.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by pielover375
I was actually thinking forestry, but this girl I'm kind of into just declared it as hers and she'd think im a copy cat.

Because that's a good reason to change your major. You know, something that affects your future career.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by pielover375
I was actually thinking forestry, but this girl I'm kind of into just declared it as hers and she'd think im a copy cat.

Show her this thread
what's the degree for explosively demolishing buildings? probably some kind of engineering, but do that. then you could fight fires by night, and blow shit up by day
I know that in Iowa you don't need an education major to substitute. I'm pretty sure they let anyone with a degree sub but that may not be the case were you live.
Quote by rob904
what's the degree for explosively demolishing buildings? probably some kind of engineering, but do that. then you could fight fires by night, and blow shit up by day

I like this.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Ha ha I just told her I might do forestry and she rolled her eyes. Explosive demolition would be goddamned awesome but an engineering degree would be too intense for me especially in paramedic school

Also, where I live it is also any degree but an elementary education one will get me hella tail, wouldnt it?
Last edited by pielover375 at Jun 30, 2011,
Quote by pielover375
Ha ha I just told her I might do forestry and she rolled her eyes. Explosive demolition would be goddamned awesome but an engineering degree would be too intense for me especially in paramedic school

Also, where I live it is also any degree but an elementary education one will get me hella tail, wouldnt it?

Wouldn't you have very little spare time as a teacher? I mean, checking all that homework and shit
Seismic engineering, it's only for the coolest people around.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by pielover375
You don't need a degree to be a firefighter, but I want one so I can work my way up to a battalion chief faster. If I have it, and the other candidate doesn't, I have the upper hand

Quote by pielover375
You don't need a degree to be a firefighter, but I want one so I can work my way up to a battalion chief faster. If I have it, and the other

Quote by pielover375
but I want one so I can work my way up to a battalion chief faster. If I have it,

Quote by pielover375
battalion chief

Quote by pielover375
battalion chief

I WANT THAT JOB!