Page 1 of 3
This will be my first gaming console ever...
I am planning on getting the 80gb refurbished from gamestop:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/consoles/playstation-3-80gb-4usb-gamestop-refurbished/69352

I am probably going to get Skate 3 and MWF3 and Uncharted 3...

IDK the point of this thread, just exited I guess...

What games should I get? What is your experience with PSN and PS3?

Or if you have an Xbox 360...

Why should I get an Xbox? Persuade me lol.

Peace guys, thanks!!!
-Red Faction: Guerilla. Super underrated game.
-Saint's Row 2
-Assassin's Creed series. (you can start with II, but for the whole experience start with 1. Don't start with Brotherhood because it begins with major spoilers from II)
-inFAMOUS. First one was awesome, second I played the demo and have no desire to buy it now that you're fighting monsters instead of supervillains.
-Fallout 3 or New Vegas
-Oblivion
-Just Cause 2
-Far Cry 2

I'm a sucker for open world games.

Definitely go for the PS3 instead of the Xbox, it's much faster and more reliable, and this is coming from someone who was an Xbox fanboy for years. Xbox freezes up at least once a day, PS3 never had that issue.

EDIT: PS3 is quiet too. When you put a disc in the Xbox it sounds like a jet taking off.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jun 30, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr
Definitely go for the PS3 instead of the Xbox, it's much faster and more reliable, and this is coming from someone who was an Xbox fanboy for years. Xbox freezes up at least once a day, PS3 never had that issue.

Don't even start.
xbox is far better for multiplayer and as a connected media hub to your pc
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
It's all personal preference really. I don't have a PS3 but I heard their online connection is a bit laggy, BUT it's free.

Both consoles also have their own exclusive games, so take that into consideration.

I like having an Xbox, but PS3s are pretty awesome too.

Enjoy your first console.
Call of Duty, just get mw2 though since mw3 will be similar and BlOps is trash anyway
Borderlands if you have someone to play it with
Oblivion
Shadow of the Colossus

On Xbox we don't get hacked , we get map packs sooner for CoD, we have Gaylo, way more people playing, etc. I know one person with a PS3 and at least fifteen or twenty with Xbox's. You're more likely to find people that play Xbox than PS3.

On the other hand, PSN isn't $60 a year, you have blu-ray, and your discs don't get ruined just from bumping the console. RRoD doesn't happen anymore unless you treat your Xbox like crap, so that's irrelevant now.

They're pretty evenly matched imo, but since more people play Xbox and that makes it just a bit better I think, since gaming is very much a social thing for me.
sunbather is shit
Last edited by beefcake122 at Jun 30, 2011,
Make sure to get...
God of War 3
Killzone 2-3
Uncharted 1-2 (3 isn't out yet)
Resistance 1-2
Ratchet and Clank
Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy 13
Demon's Soul's

Don't get a 360 for the following reasons..
Not reliable
Only a couple of good exclusives
You have to pay to play on xbox-live compared to free on the PS3
Not reliable.
Last edited by Thrill-house at Jun 30, 2011,
Quote by Thrill-house

Not reliable

Not reliable.

the bolded=lolwut?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Thrill-house
Make sure to get...
God of War 3
Killzone 2-3
Resistance 1-2
Ratchet and Clank
Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy 13
Demon's Soul's

Not reliable
Not reliable.

I support these. I actually had an xbox before my ps3 and it fucked itself hard.
Quote by beefcake122
On Xbox we don't get hacked , we get map packs sooner for CoD, we have Gaylo, way more people playing, etc. I know one person with a PS3 and at least fifteen or twenty with Xbox's. You're more likely to find people that play Xbox than PS3.
Quote by beefcake122
we have Gaylo

Quote by beefcake122
Gaylo

I'm offended, Halo is a great game is an excellent multiplayer game, if not the best in my opinion.
Quote by Nollemaster
I'm offended, Halo is a great game is an excellent multiplayer game, if not the best in my opinion.

I know I like it too, it's just that all of my friends but one mainly play CoD, the other ONLY plays Halo and he's all mlg and crap and we make fun of him for it, so I just always call it Gaylo without thinking about it.
sunbather is shit
Quote by stratdud39
I support these. I actually had an xbox before my ps3 and it fucked itself hard.

xbox s has been on sale for a year and does not have problems, 3 year return for a rrod is the best warranty in tech.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Xbox Live, that's why.

Sure, it'll cost ya something, but it works. Good.

PS3 ain't bad though, personally hate the feel of the controllers. I was just wondering why not get a new one with more GB's and better chances of not being near broke for 40$ more?
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
Demon's Souls.
Insomnium, Noumena, Katatonia- My favorite bands
Look what you've started!!!!

If you get a PS3 try out Infamous 1 and 2, both excellent games.

And get God of War 3
[Insert something clever here]
Almost forgot, Devil May Cry 4 is pretty fun too. It's probably only $10 now, so is Oblivion.
sunbather is shit
Quote by rgrockr

-Just Cause 2

THIS SO F*CKING MUCH. such a fun game.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by JimmyBanks6
the bolded=lolwut?

I went through 6 360's in one year thanks to rrod, I would call that unreliable. What good exclusives are there besides, Halo, Gears of War and Fable?
Quote by beefcake122
I know I like it too, it's just that all of my friends but one mainly play CoD, the other ONLY plays Halo and he's all mlg and crap and we make fun of him for it, so I just always call it Gaylo without thinking about it.

I get it

And I agree, MLG is indeed crap
Quote by JimmyBanks6
the bolded=lolwut?

I've had 2 different Xbox 360's and both of them would freeze up occasionally, at least once a day if not more. Plus take into account that it's loud as fuck, it's simply an inferior console. Believe me, I used to be an Xbox fanboy for almost a decade, I recently got a PS3 and am MUCH more satisfied with it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
GET THE FREAKING RAYMAN ORIGINS!

Awesome for if you've got people at your house who aren't used to gaming. But it's not out yet.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by rgrockr
I've had 2 different Xbox 360's and both of them would freeze up occasionally, at least once a day if not more. Plus take into account that it's loud as fuck, it's simply an inferior console. Believe me, I used to be an Xbox fanboy for almost a decade, I recently got a PS3 and am MUCH more satisfied with it.

ive played both, ill believe myself.

black 360 is very quiet
black 360 does not rrod
multiplayer on 360 destroys that on the ps3
no need to update my 360 every 2 days god that shit is annoying
controllers are far more comfortable on 360, which is relevant when you are holding them for hours at a time.
games other than a few are very similar. and for most people all they care about is CoD and thats on both.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Thrill-house
I went through 6 360's in one year thanks to rrod, I would call that unreliable. What good exclusives are there besides, Halo, Gears of War and Fable?

Woah you must have abused those things. I've had the same Xbox for 4 years now and it's still fine. Maybe you're just really unlucky?
I have both consoles, and I've been playing my PS3 95% of the time recently; the only reason I touch my 360 nowadays is to play Fable, Mass Effect or Halo. When they first came out, the 360 was vastly superior in terms of exclusives and content, but Sony has definitely evened the playing field and arguably pulled ahead in some areas.

They're both great consoles with different strengths and weaknesses, and personally I would go based off exclusives and what your friends have (if you plan on playing multiplayer).

EDIT: Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the Playstation controllers to the Xbox. That's really a matter of opinion, though, so make of that what you will.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Jun 30, 2011,
Quote by Nollemaster
I get it. And I agree, MLG is indeed crap

Yes, OT but my best friend plays Call of Duty and I can't stand him. He thinks every Call of Duty that comes out is far superior to the previous one and fixes all kinds of problems, balances it more etc.; he thinks CoD4 was terrible so that pretty much makes his opinion crap loal. He takes CoD very seriously, has Astros ($300 headset if you didn't know), fps freeks (thumbstick extenders that cost $20), has to have his tv at eye level, has to be an hd tv, won't let anyone split screen with him, always shoutings callouts... He wants to do an mlg clan on mw3 but he's not as good as he thinks he is. He's better than I am but not by much, and I do better than him a lot of the time anyway. He thinks anything below a 2.5 weekly ratio is crap and he said no one's allowed in his clan that can't do that good. He always freaks out on me because I quick scope a lot so my ratios are like 1.5, which is unacceptable to him. It's funny that I'm the second best person he knows (besides himself) and one of the only people that's any good that we know because I already told him mlg is gay and I'm not doing his clan lol. He just takes the game way too seriously and plays every game like he's in a tourny or something.
sunbather is shit
Quote by Thrill-house

learn how to take care of your hardware and place it in an area with open air circulation.

amped
forza
fuzion frenzy - i dont care what anyone says, that game is insanely fun - especially when drinking with buddies
mass effect
quake
left 4 dead

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jun 30, 2011,
EDIT: ^ ^ Bomberman, Command and Conquer, Dead or Alive...and Splinter Cell: Conviction which was really good.

ITT: People who really can't look after a console.

I've had my 360 for...4 years now? It's red ringed once, and that wasn't an rrod, I just overheated the power pack with my foot on it (not thinking). Apart from that, I've had no problems to even mention. I dust it down once a fortnight, and vacuum along the fan vents. Someone I used to be friends with threw his out of his 2nd floor window onto a patio, and it still worked. Dented and cracked, but didn't fault. His brother threw a controller at his PS3 and had to get a replacement.
The only 2 game related pros the PS has over the XB is Killzone and the re-released versions of the first 3 Prince of Persia series. ****ing Ubisoft is Sony's bitch
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jun 30, 2011,
Quote by SkepsisMetal
ITT: People who really can't look after a console.

I've had my 360 for...4 years now? It's red ringed once, and that wasn't an rrod, I just overheated the power pack with my foot on it (not thinking). Apart from that, I've had no problems to even mention. I dust it down once a fortnight, and vacuum along the fan vents. Someone I used to be friends with threw his out of his 2nd floor window onto a patio, and it still worked. Dented and cracked, but didn't fault. His brother threw a controller at his PS3 and had to get a replacement.
The only 2 game related pros the PS has over the XB is Killzone and the re-released versions of the first 3 Prince of Persia series. ****ing Ubisoft is Sony's bitch

You're a little luckier than me. I don't remember how long my first two Xbox's lasted; the first one was probably a year and a half before it died and I traded it in; the next one got rrod twice, but Microsoft fixed it for free and gave me two weeks of xbl for free to make up for it. The third time it died it wasn't rrod and they said it would be $99 to fix it, so I just bought a brand new Arcade one and I've had it for a couple years with no problems and I don't think I'll have any either.
sunbather is shit
Quote by JimmyBanks6
learn how to take care of your hardware and not place it in an with open air circulation.

amped
forza
fuzion frenzy - i dont care what anyone says, that game is insanely fun - especially when drinking with buddies
mass effect
quake
left 4 dead

I know how take care of my stuff, I've had my PS3 since day 1 and it still works perfect. The 360 was not well made which is why so many of them break, it has nothing to do with not taking care of it. Mass Effect is now multi-platform so that doesn't count
Fuck that, get a motherfucking wii!!!!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Thrill-house
Make sure to get...
God of War 3
Killzone 2-3
Resistance 1-2
Ratchet and Clank

Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy 13
Demon's Soul's