This pedal has to sound bad, brutal. Now, it's a fuzz, obviously I'm not playing t3h br00tz. It will, however, be played on a 7 string Ibanez Universe into a Laney Tube amp or into an ENGL, if the future plays out right.

I want basically two things from this pedal (might buy two, or get two different pedals, for live use) I was woken up by a video on youtube of the Dunlop Octavia. It had this absurdly full, smooth sound. It was after hearing this that I realised what I wanted. A really rich, smooth, full soaring lead fuzz, and a different beast.

A fuzz that will encompass the low end of my 7 string, I want it to sound like an Eldritch Abomination. Growling, dirty, heavy full just... nasty sounding. But, no hissy, disgusting high end. The Monster Fuzz sounded like a contender, but it's high end was just... bad. I say I want it to be nasty, but I want high sound quality, and I do actually want it to sound good, just... evil?

Help if you will?
Quote by Guitar0player
Big muff into POG.

More description please? There are many, many different variants of the big muff... And I don't know what POG is.

Quote by stykerwolf
Catalinbread WIIO V1 should do octavey huge stuff.
From your description you want a Super Fuzz type thing going on i think.
The Malekko Fuzz can also get you some big sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9kP5_NAsBw&playnext=1&list=PL738740B0B7D47003

right around 0.30

The video you showed to me... It sounded sort of thin compared to what I'm after, which is more er, more full, super saturated, over the top I guess. The Catalinbread, though, is looking kinda great. It gets a lovely non over the top sound too, which I could definitely see myself using with my strat. But I'm not sure that it gets to that over the top foul level. However, for a completely different use... It sounds so great. ._. And I can't help but think it might go on my wishlist for a different purpose.
Quote by stykerwolf
did you just call the Live at Leeds tone thin? somethings wrong with your speakers/headphones or your PC's EQ settings

Oh dear are these headphones terrible, yes! They are utter abominations! And, well, thin isn't the right word. Don't get me wrong, that is an amazing sound, I think it's incredible (No matter what injustice these headphones do to it!) but, it's not what I'm after. Maybe a fuzz, on top of a fuzz into a tube screamer into another fuzz. Over the top, driving my amp till it screams for mercy.

Nothing traditional or classic by any stretch of the definition. I want to take fuzz beyond where it's meant to go, and then beyond even that.
Quote by Magicpad
mxr blue box?

That isn't quite what I'm after, I'm afraid. True, it does sound quite out there... But not quite in the way I'm after, which is more heavier and aggressive.

THe Big MUff into a POG might be the closest yet once I tracked down what it was. -.-;

A russian Sovtek seems to have the most aggressive sound yet.cThis combo sounds JUST like what I want I think. Although a slightly more aggressive fuzz could be good, this is definitely the character I want.
Last edited by kLinic at Jun 30, 2011,
Something from earthquake devices or devi ever maybe, could you give us a video of the sound you want or something?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Devi Ever Godzilla?
Fulltone Ultimate Octave?
Earthquaker Devices Hoof?
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Wampler Leviathan is a pretty heavy fuzz
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I use an Electro Harmonix Micro POG (Poly Octave Generator) into a US standard Big Muff Pi. Sounds enormous. Worth slipping a little delay in there, too.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Check out Devi Ever pedals there's all sorts that will probably by good for fuzz
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZOdg4C-JbM

?

And ts you should just buy a big muff, turn the tone knob near the middle, turn the volume up a bit, turn the sustain to taste. Play your amp really loud, turn the bass all the way up with a fair bit of mids, go easy on the treble and you're sorted.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jul 1, 2011,
Blue Box.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Way Huge Angry Troll and an EHX POG.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Anyone see this one? http://www.deviever.com/fx/biggest-fuzz/silver-rose/

Seems to get pretty down there, it sounded pretty nasty at some point in the video. But I dunno if it's really possible to tell by just the video and my terrible headphones. ._. But... It sounded absurd, it went way too far. I think I liked it.

Do Devi Ever generally do high quality units?
Quote by kLinic
Anyone see this one? http://www.deviever.com/fx/biggest-fuzz/silver-rose/

Seems to get pretty down there, it sounded pretty nasty at some point in the video. But I dunno if it's really possible to tell by just the video and my terrible headphones. ._. But... It sounded absurd, it went way too far. I think I liked it.

Do Devi Ever generally do high quality units?

Yeah, although my Aenima is kinda iffy. In that it picks up radio stations (which isn't uncommon for fuzz) and it sounds like the transistors were biased wrong, since it has a sort of Velcro sound as opposed to an almost distortion-sounding fuzz. Like, it's especially bad with palm muting.

I dunno if it has a trimpot to adjust the bias, since the PCB is wrapped up in black electrical tape (!). I got it like six months ago, and while it sounds absolutely nothing like any sound demo of the pedal I've heard anywhere (and trust me, I listened to every one I could find in hopes of someone else having the same problem, but nobody did), it has a pretty cool sound nonetheless that keeps me from sending it back for repair.

But really, I've never heard of a defective Devi pedal other than mine. If I want to, I can have a look at the schematics online (I think you can find them in her DIY forum, as she sells kits for her pedals as well) and see if anything is wrong.

Don't be dissuaded by my problem, as it's not something that happens except by freak accident. I might also want to mention that I generally have terrible luck.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by Waylanderau
Something by Dwarfcraft perhaps?

Agreed, the Dwarfcraft shiva might be just what you are looking for. I got one for Christmas last year, it's pretty insane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdNsz_M3Yd4
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals