So I learned this chord shaped a while ago, and I can't remember in which video it was and neither what was its name. Anyway here's the chord shape.

e-2
b-3
g-4
d-5
a-x
E-3

I think it's some kind of c-shaped chord (you play the E-3 with your thumb btw), but what is it called exactly ?

And more importantly, what chord could I use to combine with it ?
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
It's a Gmaj7. Try using D7 along with it.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
You can tell it is a GMaj7 by looking at the intervals from the root (G) to each of the notes. d-5 is G, an octave. g-4 is B, a major third. b-3 is D, a perfect fifth. e-2 is F#, thus a major seventh. Together, you have 1-3-5-7, which is the formula of a major seventh chord.

Quote by Doogy-Style
So I learned this chord shaped a while ago, and I can't remember in which video it was and neither what was its name. Anyway here's the chord shape.

e-2
b-3
g-4
d-5
a-x
E-3

I think it's some kind of c-shaped chord (you play the E-3 with your thumb btw), but what is it called exactly ?

And more importantly, what chord could I use to combine with it ?
Also, the reason you'd use D7 with it is:

I ii iii IV V vi vii(half dim)
G A B C D E F#

For 7th keys, the fifth is always dominant. You could also use Amin7 with it and do a ii V I progression.
Thanks guys, I really should check some theory instead of allways playing whatever I have in mind ^^.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3