Hello everybody,

I am thinking in buying a microphone for home-recording, but I still have some doubts.
What kind of microphone should I buy, and what are the diferrences between the difrent types?

I have been searching and I found the Samson G-Track USB Microphone, wich alouds me to record both voice and a instrument for only 105€.
I was thinking in spending like 150€ at the end, but I don't know much about microphones, maybe it's better to buy two diferrent sets i dunno...

Some details that can hat can be helful:
-Music taste: The Police, Sting (solo), Metallica, G'n'R, Pink floyd, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, The Corrs, Bon jovi, Alice in chains, Alanis Morissette, Paramore, Seal, Elton John, Bryan Adams, Paul Simon, Phill Collins, Sheryl Crow, R.E.M, Tori Amos, ...

Thank you for reading and thank you very much for your opinion!
I don't know, cheap USB mics like that are usually pretty crappy, Samson mics more so. Here's what I recommend. Get a USB interface, an SM58, and go download Reaper. It's a cheap setup, but you can get decent results with it (not studio, but decent).
Well and if I want a microphone that has a "studio result", what are the prices and what do you recommend?
Buy a USB interface and a condenser mic
A few good cheapies are the Rode NT1-A or Audio Technica AT2020
Don't buy a SM58/SM57

Yeah
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Don't buy a SM58/SM57

Yeah

+100000
I've never been able to get good results out of the standard shure dynamics for some reason. A good Condenser mic is always the way to go!!
Quote by lockwolf
Don't buy a SM58/SM57

Yeah

Well I liked the Rode NT1-A, but I have one problem, how can I record it to a usb interface (computer) ? I would have to use channel strip or someting like that, what would you recommend? (for home recording, nothing too much professional)
Thank you, I have made my decision:
- Rode NT1-A
- M-Audio Fast Track MKII

This isn't probably the right section but what headphones should I use in recording? I have ones but they are to noise, and they look like two speakers --'
I don't know if it's still the case, but Marshall (aka "MXL") has some decent (not great) condensers for the $100 range.

You should start your mic collection with a small diaphragm condenser. Even a cheap one will be useful later on as a room mic.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by lockwolf
Don't buy a SM58/SM57

Addendum:

1) Make sure your interface has phantom power BEFORE you buy a condesner mic.

2) If you're screaming get a dynamic mic. Despite this board's strange prejudice against Shure, the SM57/58 mics are solid pieces of equipment if you're on a budget.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

You should start your mic collection with a small diaphragm condenser. Even a cheap one will be useful later on as a room mic.

Why?

Or are you joking? Forgive me, I often have a hard time telling if someone's joking around here...
Quote by Das_Skittles
Addendum:

1) Make sure your interface has phantom power BEFORE you buy a condesner mic.

2) If you're screaming get a dynamic mic. Despite this board's strange prejudice against Shure, the SM57/58 mics are solid pieces of equipment if you're on a budget.

I couldn't understand what you meant with the first point becouse if am going to buy the "M-Audio Fast Track MKII" the only interface I need is a usb interface right?

And no I am not screaming, as you can see by my musical tastes I don't like those kind of bands that only scream, although I do like bands like "Epica" that have a screaming vocalist but some other singers that make it more musical.