Hi
I have a Boss DD7 pedal. I havent used it for a while for one main reason, whenever i use it and the pedal is on, and i play something its not a smooth sound its a crackling sound, i have adjusted all the knobs to recommended settings and it still does it, i have also tried a few more pedals and they all do the same. The amp i am using it on is a Peavey Bandit 112.
So if someone can help me on how to get rid of the crackling sound that would be great.

Im also using a Planet Waves circuit breaker lead, and playing a Epi les paul 60's tribute
get an analog delay. mxr carbon copy has the nicest, smoothest sounding delay i have ever heard for something in that price range and well above
So guitar -> any pedal -> amp gives you a crackling noise?

Does guitar->amp crackle?

Have you checked your leads or is your jack socket loose on your guitar?
Gear: Fender Custom 3 Pickup Telecaster, Fender American Std Telecaster ('10 3burst), Fender Kurt Cobain Jag, Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange Tiny Terror HW + PPC112, Marshall JCM-1H, Vox Night Train NT15H, Fender Champ 600.
Quote by CarbonToe
So guitar -> any pedal -> amp gives you a crackling noise?

Does guitar->amp crackle?

Have you checked your leads or is your jack socket loose on your guitar?

No guitar -> amp crackle. all is fine in that area!

Its not all pedals either only delay pedals.

My amp is only a few months old.

Thanks for the replies.
Try cleaning the jacks on the pedal and a different cable. To clean it spray a bit of contact cleaner on a plug and work it in and out of the jack a few times.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification