Page 1 of 2
I've listened to songs that friends have posted on Facebook. There was a Skillet song, an Apocalyptica song and a Three Days Grace song. After bearing through all three songs, I've noticed that alternative rock seems to follow a bland rubric these days. Am I alone in thinking this?
"There were plants and birds and rocks and things"
A Horse With No Name by America.

Can you say genius songwriting?
In my opinion the Alternative genre is filled with bands that people don't know their real genre. That's how bands from Paramore to the deftones to the prodigy get classed as alternative,
I don't get how Paramore are alternative, for me that's an oxymoron.
Quote by smb
^ they're an alternative to good music, that's for sure

Lololololol
Quote by Rynet
I've listened to songs that friends have posted on Facebook. There was a Skillet song, an Apocalyptica song and a Three Days Grace song. After bearing through all three songs, I've noticed that alternative rock seems to follow a bland rubric these days. Am I alone in thinking this?

no im with you. my friends posted a couple rap songs on facebook and after bearing through all of them i have came to the conclusion that every single rap song sounds the same and sucks real bad.
Quote by turncoat60%
no im with you. my friends posted a couple rap songs on facebook and after bearing through all of them i have came to the conclusion that every single rap song sounds the same and sucks real bad.

wait, what? theres a shit ton of bad music out there, but get over yourself and find the good stuff. the internet is more than enough help to find good music

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
wait, what? theres a shit ton of bad music out there, but get over yourself and find the good stuff. the internet is more than enough help to find good music

i will never get over myself. pretty much all music made after the 90's sucks. internet cant find what doesnt exist bro
notice how the fish was only contemplating taking the bait

but seriously ts, there is more music out there than what is played on your local "alt rock" station.
Some great Alternative Bands: Jimmy Eat World, Cityline, 30 Seconds to Mars, A Silent Film, Company of Thieves, Emily's Army, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, 2 Door Cinema Club, Silversun Pickups, Relient K, RISE AGAINST, Oasis, Cake, and Incubus. Listen to a few of these before judging all music of the 2000s
Alternative is kind of a loose term. I just think that you just need to listen to better bands
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
Quote by MyGuitarRomance
Some great Alternative Bands: Jimmy Eat World, Cityline, 30 Seconds to Mars, A Silent Film, Company of Thieves, Emily's Army, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, 2 Door Cinema Club, Silversun Pickups, Relient K, RISE AGAINST, Oasis, Cake, and Incubus. Listen to a few of these before judging all music of the 2000s
And this is why the term 'alternative' sucks now.

Emily's Army sucks by the way, guys.
Quote by BK202
Rise Against, Cake, Silversun Pickups, and Two Door Cinema Club are the only decent bands on the list.

Add Incubus.
Jimmy Eat World, foo'. Clarity got me through some tough times.

And you don't really get to say "Blah blah are the only decent bands on the list," if you haven't heard all of the bands on the list.
I don't like Incubus that much, so your opinion is almost valid. You just forgot that Jimmy Eat World was good at one point.

EDIT: Wait, I see now. You accidentally put 'Rise Against', but you meant 'Jimmy Eat World'. It's all good.
I just went through my CD collection and I must have sold both of those albums off for some stupid reason. It's imperative that I go to Cheapo tomorrow to get new copies purely for nostalgia's sake. Hell, Work was the first song I ever learned to play and I still feel like I'm 14 and all angsty when I play it.
Page 1 of 2