Hi everybody, first post, anyways i just bought a used crate fxt120. I plugged it in and played for about 20 minutes. Everything sounded great. I go to play the next day and notice a muffled/static sound coming from the low setting on the clean channel. I don't hink much of it and just switch to the overdrive channel. Now everything on all channels has this muffled sound. I made sure all the wires I could get to without going into the amp were well connected, and they are. It's not the guitar, I tried with two and the same outcome. Anybody have any idea what this could be. Thanks.
Last edited by AlanDeGe at Jun 30, 2011,
Stumped. I've had issues with two Crate Amps. An FW120 212, and an FW120 head. I couldn't figure out the problem either and ended up taking my amps in to the dealer to be fixed. The first time it cost me $12.00, the second it cost $18.00. Pretty reasonable I think.

I'd just take it in and have it looked at.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
I also noticed that the volume is very weak. 120 watts should shake the walls, but i can turn it all the way up and it sounds like it should be at 1/4 volume. I think I'll take it to the shop after the holiday if I can't pinpoint the problem.
You might try to put a jumper cable in the effects loop not sure if that amp has one but i have a old crate amp that i had to do that with