I've been playing with a dead clean tone for over a year now and I'm mad as hell and I can't take it anymore, which is why I'm here. I've been playing through a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp that just can't seem to give me a sound that cuts through the mix. Now you might say that even with a Line 6 I should be able to get some tone that could do that but here's the catch. I've got a WMD Geiger Counter distortion pedal that can either sound incredible or like absolute garbage depending on the EQ. Now I've got the amp set up so the Geiger Counter sounds just how I want it to but the clean is suffering. It fails to truly stand out in a jamming situation, sounding flat and without depth.

So here I am asking for advice on getting this great clean I've been searching for. I'm looking for a sound similar to the clean on "Jet Packs Was Yes!" by Periphery or any tone like that.

Budget is not really an issue because due to insufficient funds this is for future planning only.

I currently play through (from guitar to amp):
PRS SE Custom 24 Semi-Hollow / Fender Jaguar > Vox Wah Reissue > BOSS Phase Shifter > BOSS Super Overdrive > WMD Geiger Counter > BOSS Space Echo > Line 6 Spider III 75W
- The Wah may get switched with a Digi-Tech EX-7 Expression Factory.
- The Line 6 may get replaced by some old Music Man amp that my uncle and I are fixing up. I think it's supposed to be an equivalent to a Fender Twin Reverb but I'm not sure.
Try adding chorus to cleans. I find that usually livens them up.

inb4 new amp suggestion.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
use the space echo and amp reverb for clean. Also, having it EQ'd for distortion might make the clean sound bad so you might have to compromise.
PERIPHERY LUDATSHIT

Also get a new amp
Get a new amp to get a better clean tone. It's no surprise that your clean tone is dead because that's what the Spider amps produce.
spiders are horrid. in every aspect. even their EQs dont work that well.

your tone will be fixed with that musci man. i hear they are great/coveted amps
Unfortunately I'll only get to use it for a little over a month before I go off to college, but if what you say is true, my problems may be solved with just that little switch. Also can anyone tell me if the Digi-Tech EX-7 is really worth it? I've been needing/wanting a whammy and that seems like the best option with all the other features.
Also the BOSS Phaser tends to completely annihilate my tone and volume when I turn it on. Is this a problem with the amp or is it the pedal itself? And don't say it's the amp because it's a Spider. I know that already.
Quote by Kaptain Tripps
Also the BOSS Phaser tends to completely annihilate my tone and volume when I turn it on. Is this a problem with the amp or is it the pedal itself? And don't say it's the amp because it's a Spider. I know that already.

Spider amps don't take pedals well so it's no surprise that this is happening. The same thing happened to me.
IMO, FX are not the way to go for improving a clean tone. a good clean tone starts with... a good clean tone - if it doesn't sound good enough on its own then no FX are gonna make it any better. adding FX to it just changes it, it doesn't really "improve" it at all.

You already know the amp is the problem, so i won't even bother suggesting a new amp
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
IMO, FX are not the way to go for improving a clean tone. a good clean tone starts with... a good clean tone - if it doesn't sound good enough on its own then no FX are gonna make it any better. adding FX to it just changes it, it doesn't really "improve" it at all.

You already know the amp is the problem, so i won't even bother suggesting a new amp

Indeed this.
Quote by edubz09
buy an eq pedal

It's still going to sound like a POS spider Even sticking to modelers a Vypyr or VT/VT+ will sound so much better

I have no trouble cutting through the mix with my VT40+

I can easily hang with an acoustic drum kit a Carvin V3M into a 1x12 cab a bass into Roland keyboard amp
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
i kinda like the clean tones out of my spider III.....

just use a slight chorus and reverb

and i usually do a small mids hump with the treble and bass slightly lower