Writing lyrics on paper seems more poignant and sincere rather than typing. How do most musicians go about writing lyrics? With cellphones these days it mighty convenient to write lyrics on the go though.
Honestly, if I sit down with a pen and paper and try to write anything my mind just goes blank and stays blank. All the half decent lyrics I've written have either been on notepad on my laptop, or just stuck in a saved text message on my phone...if I thought of something while I was somewhere.
Usually you will get lyric ideas at random times and places, so a cellphone is ideal. In fact the singer in my current band writes down all his lyrics in his iPhones notes.
Quote by musicandthewave
Writing lyrics on paper seems more poignant and sincere rather than typing.

You won't be singing them onto a paper, so what's the point?
REGGIE
Quote by sexybacon
Usually you will get lyric ideas at random times and places, so a cellphone is ideal. In fact the singer in my current band writes down all his lyrics in his iPhones notes.

exactly what i do,my notes are filled with loads of random lyrics
I just use my cellphone, actually, i dont really know but if i lost all those lyrics i could either be loosing a pile of crap or a goldmine, so i try not to loose it xD
If my band is jamming to a new song that I haven't written lyrics for yet, I use a pad and pen to jot down bits and pieces to the melody. If I'm alone at home, laptop - for one or two lines, I use the sticky notes app, any more than that and I use Word.

But nothing is a more useful tool for a lyricist than a cellphone for random lines I think of when I'm out with friends or whatever.
I prefer writing things down. That way, even if I edit or cross things out, the old idea is still there in case I regret the changes. Then again, I still have a typewriter back home, so I'm behind the times. Shrugzilla.
I am a fake mountain.
If I write for someone else, it's on paper cos it feels more real; "I wrote this for you. It's the only one in existence". If it's just for me, I usually text it to myself before I assemble it on my computer.
The question is; does it really matter?
Inspiration doesn't wait for a time when it's convenient, so you really have to be flexible.

I've written:
In a notepad I take with me wherever I go,
In notebooks by my bed,
On homework,
On scraps of paper and napkins,
By voice recording on my phone,
By notes in my phone,
In an e-mail,
By Notepad or MS Word,
Even on my hand.

As long as you can record your latest creative thought, then it's what I recommend. Except on homework and in e-mails. People think you're crazy.