has anyone played this pedal? i love the vai tone and wanted to know if this will help for his super smooth lead tone for just a really nice, soft and sweet solo. also, what other types of effects does he use? anyhting other than a delay?
The pedal has absolutely nothing to do with Vai's tone. His secret to that sweet lead sound is the Carvin Legacy.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

ya but i dont really have the money to drop on a new head............... so something close wouldnt be a bad idea in my case
The Jemini is basically a Keeley modded DS-1 and TS-9 in one box. It won't give you Vai's sexy smooth lead tone by itself - he gets that from running that overdrive into his lead channel. The distortion is quite nice though.

If you want to hear Steve plugged straight into his amp with nothing else, check out K'm Pee Du Wee. The first part is just his guitar on the neck pickup into his amp. Pretty cool tone, huh? That's not from a pedal, that's from his fingers, his guitar, the pickups on the guitar, and his amp.
I used to own the Jemini. It's a great pedal...but it's not going to give you Vai's tone by itself. It'll give you the distortion you need...but not Vai's distortion.

It's still an awesome pedal. Try it out if you can.

NakedInTheRain. Just wanted to say I love your signature.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
If you want to hear Steve plugged straight into his amp with nothing else, check out K'm Pee Du Wee. The first part is just his guitar on the neck pickup into his amp. Pretty cool tone, huh? That's not from a pedal, that's from his fingers, his guitar, the pickups on the guitar, and his amp.

This although his studio amp tone =/= a carvin legacy. At least not by itself.
RIP Gooze

cats