Ok So I had this Idea stuck in my head for a while now.

A True Superstrat, I'm talking about more than just the 80s ones. I play a lot of very different stuff, from Jazz to heavy metal and Hard Rock.

So I was thinking what if I could create a guitar versatile enough to fit all of these styles?

I was thinking of taking a Normal Ibanez strat shaped, floyd equipped guitar (HSH configuration) and modifying it to hold a sustainer, as well as an EMG 85/classic 57 + Seumour Duncan Alnico pro pick up.

I'm a poor fella so I just wanted to know is there anyone out there who has done this kind of thing before? Did it work out? Because it's gonna be very pricy.

Thank you for your time
If your in the USA then look at GFS pickups, they are great for the $$
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Mixing Actives with Passives is more of a hassle than it's worth.

You could just take a normal Fender Strat, or any HSH or HSS guitar, and run coil splits on the humbuckers, which, if you use the right pickups, could create almost any tone you want.

Look into Bareknuckles for your pickups, expensive, but very versatile and worth the money.
A true superstrat is a jackson soloist. And yes, "Mixing Actives with Passives is more of a hassle than it's worth."
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
It's easily possible with 3 pickups to work with. I wouldn't get a sustainer - that will take up an entire pickup, and an important one at that (neck).

As for pickups, something like an SD JB (Bridge) / AII Pro Staggered (Middle) / Jazz (Neck) would nail everything you mentioned wanting. Coil tap the JB and Jazz with a 5 way switch, maybe wire them with phase possibilities, and your number of tonal options would be ridiculously high.

Alternatively, if you want to go active, You could go with something like the EMG 81TW / SA / 89. Possibly an 89 in the bridge as well rather than the 81TW.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 1, 2011,
Thanks for ideas, guys. I really appreciate it. These are just ideas now, I wanna have all the details down before I actually do it.
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Agile 2000

Marshal Gm15
Fender Mustang III
I'd add this to the GB&C forum too. They may have some quirky/obscure help for you there.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Very versatile superstrat with a sustainer?

Sounds to me like you just described the Jackson Phil Collen PC-1.
^ Very nice Photograph! Sweet guitar.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
yeah that's exactly what I was talking about, Do you know the owner of that guitar?
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Agile 2000

Marshal Gm15
Fender Mustang III
Quote by NikNyze
yeah that's exactly what I was talking about, Do you know the owner of that guitar?

It's just a standard Jackson PC-1 in the 'Chlorine' finish.
Quote by Section 5
^ Very nice Photograph! Sweet guitar.

I would play that guitar like an animal with hysteria until its high n dry.

Ok i will stop..
Yeah, stop Foolin' around man!
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55