High gain, british, a bit of a modern touch.

What you think?

I've not heard the stilletto compared to the quick rod.

The JVM sounds good, but so does the stilletto.

Obviously the quick rod has a reputation.
Guitars
Amps
Not a fan of the JVM personally. All the tones I got from it were fairly bland and pretty fizzy. Nothing really clear/defined or tight.

I haven't tried the other 2, but going from what I've heard, I'd take the Splawn.
I think Splawn's were made with "American" distortion in mind. Honestly you're the only one that decides in the end so test all of the amps out in person if you can.
splawn Nitro> mesa stiletto>marshall.
These are word to live by.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
splawn Nitro> mesa stiletto>marshall.
These are word to live by.

i own as nito and a promod. both of them have killer tone, i tried at least 5-6 Mesa's from single, recto, dual, Mark IV, Mark V, and i couple of others. for my tastes the nitro owned mesa on every high gain mesa amp i tried.

as far as the promod goes, thats tat same as the Quickrod but with KT88's instead of EL34's.

my promod is still pretty marshally but the quickrod are certainly more marshall flavored.

i just can't express how happy i am with my splawns.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Personally, I don't think the JVM measures up to any of the others, or, for that matter, to the average Marshall. Amps designed to do everything seldom do anything well.

The Stiletto's fantastic. I played one for a while, loved it. I actually played one of the first three Aces of the new model while I was in Garden Grove. A little hairy for my taste, but not enough to detract from the sheer awesomeness.

The Splawn? Yeah, it's a Splawn. You know.

So I agree with Robb up there.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
God I wish I still had my Nitro it was amazing !! And the funny thing is I pretty much dislike all marshalls , but the Splawns do some kind of magic to that tone........
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by littlephil
Not a fan of the JVM personally. All the tones I got from it were fairly bland and pretty fizzy. Nothing really clear/defined or tight.

I haven't tried the other 2, but going from what I've heard, I'd take the Splawn.

+1

well i've tried the stiletto too (nice, but still reminded me of a mesa) and the jvm was not bad but i wasn't too fond of the higher gain tones.

haven't tried the splawn, but on reputation, it'd be worth considering, at least to try.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea when i said splawn i meant the quick rod. I had a nitro at one point, thought it was kind of a middle ground between brit and US.

I recently started sniffing around the stiletto's and was just curious since you don't hear them talked about much.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by sexybacon
I think Splawn's were made with "American" distortion in mind. Honestly you're the only one that decides in the end so test all of the amps out in person if you can.

right that's why they are originally hotrodded marshalls, splawn is as british as it gets, maybe except for the Nitro but the others are pretty much hotrodded plexi/800s
Quote by Matt15f
yea when i said splawn i meant the quick rod. I had a nitro at one point, thought it was kind of a middle ground between brit and US.

I recently started sniffing around the stiletto's and was just curious since you don't hear them talked about much.

Don't get me wrong, the stilleto is a very nice amp, but the build quality of Splawn is way better. Come on he HAND crafts each amp for everyone that orders. Ans all this at a price that is alot of the time LOWER than Mesa.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think if I were to look at a Stiletto I'd think I'd rather have a Road King or a TransAtlantic.

The JVM was not my thing. The JCM 800 2555 is the only real high gain Marshall amp I ever liked. Lots of other options if this is what you are looking for.

Splawns are def worth a look. Superb quality and tone. A bit dry and articulate but way aggressive. You can find them used starting at around $1,000. Quick Rod that is. Nitro will not be for you if you are after a british tone.

There is a Sticky that might help us a bit too. 'Budget, genres, gig? blah bla blah'