Saw this in my MusiciansFriend magazine, and it was a rather interesting amp, since I'm all for cheap tube amps that get you best bang for your buck.

So, it's a 2 channel amp with reverb, and they say it's extremely versatile because it has a fixed bias power amp section that can take these tubes: EL34/6CA7/6L6/5881/6550/KT88/KT77/6V6.

Has anybody played on one of these amps? And do you think it'll replace the Jet City JCA50H, Peavey Valveking(lol), Peavey 6505 combo, or the other low end tube amps for Metal and everything inbetween?

Link to the specs: http://www.randallamplifiers.com/Amplifiers/Diavlo-Series/
Randall has yet to disappoint me with any of their amps that I've played. I think it'll be a great amp, but it won't be outselling any Peaveys.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Looks interesting, would like to try it, but I doubt I'll be buying it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the black chickenhead knobs on black amp makes it look like a two rock haha
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Obviously can't say anything definitive until we hear it, but depending on its price range I think it might surpass Peavey as the most recommended high gain budget amp. Doubt it will surpass in sales.

I don't think it will really touch Jet City's market. JCA does medium to medium-high gain, like Thrash amounts of gain. I suspect it will be more a direct competitor with 6505s and Bugera's 6262s and what not.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Looks interesting, would like to try it, but I doubt I'll be buying it

Says the man with an amp collection that includes a Herbert.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Says the man with an amp collection that includes a Herbert.

Yeah... the only amp giving me GAS right now is the 50W 5150 III if it's actually going to be $1000
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
looks pretty similar to the old rh series...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
$600 for the combo and $700 for the stack. Could be interesting but I'm not a fan of shared EQs.

Quote by Dave_Mc

I thought the old RH series were ss heads.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by justinb904

I thought the old RH series were ss heads.

they definitely had a tube head and combo around the £300-£400 mark. I think the combo was the rg50tc, and the head was (again, i think, could be wrong) rh50t... not certain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They say the speaker is specially designed for the amp, and it's not just some standard crap speaker with specially designed stamped on it, guess we'll see.

I've never played a Randall amp, but I've always been a fan of the Randall Warhead if any of the bands and clips I've heard it used in stand true. Hopefully this amp will live up to it's name, I bet I could prolly find one at GC, they carry Randalls, and never sell them.
Quote by Dave_Mc

They have been taking nicely popular features of their MTS series heads and adding them to other amps. In this case, it's the adjustable power section that cane take omgz0rzANY tubes.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
ah ok. i was just going by the controls and name etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ethan_hanus
They say the speaker is specially designed for the amp, and it's not just some standard crap speaker with specially designed stamped on it, guess we'll see.

I've never played a Randall amp, but I've always been a fan of the Randall Warhead if any of the bands and clips I've heard it used in stand true. Hopefully this amp will live up to it's name, I bet I could prolly find one at GC, they carry Randalls, and never sell them.

Isn't the Warhead SS?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Isn't the Warhead SS?

Yep. By no means is it a bad amp though.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by Grawgos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZblOOm6pMg

I wasn't sure if anyone had seen this video or not.

This amp sounds pretty dam good for a 499.00 head. I mean this is a youtube vid and it's the tone king, I imagine it would sound even better in person and the capability to handle a variety of different tubes types is cool.

Sounds like shit.
Not blaming the head for this though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah. I really hope he was using the neck pickup because it sounded really fuzzy too me. I like a sharper tone. Sure i could EQ it to my liking though. Buuuut still gonna grab a Vypyr Tube 60 next year
it takes only minutes to switch tubes el to 6l6
it has a clear high gain tone, boost and reverb
the boost sounds nice on the clean channel also
the only disappointment is switching channels with only one eq
gain at 50%, like the tone king said, is already pretty high
I thought it sounded good. Combine the capabilities in that vid with capabilities displayed in the nam vid and my interest in finding one to try is heightened.

i would love to see a vid showing what it sounds like with different tubes.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Sounds like shit.
Not blaming the head for this though.

It astonishes me how TTK has the remarkable ability to make any amp he plays through sound like a muddy buzzy jumble of shit.

To beat it all he has the balls to try refer to himself as "the tone king".
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
to beat it all companies appear to give him stuff to test
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bluestratplayer
It astonishes me how TTK has the remarkable ability to make any amp he plays through sound like a muddy buzzy jumble of shit.

To beat it all he has the balls to try refer to himself as "the tone king".

lol, he always has too much gain

Quote by coolstoryangus
Plus he likes Ed Roman he must be the only guy on the internet...

I bet he's getting some sort of endorsement

kinda like paul from gw and Taylor
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

WOW that sounds bad.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I have no idea how anyone can actually like Ed Roman. I've been to his store--least friendly place on earth.