I picked up a fender mexi strat today, and only tried it out for a few minutes before deciding to drop in some new pickups. however, the pickups did not hum other than the usual single coil buzz. I replaced all three coils with a Dimarzio Tone Zone S, Dimarzio Chopper, Seymour Duncan Rails. I looked up the wiring, and for the Dimarzios, wired the Green+Bare to ground, White+Black togther, Red hot. For the Seymour Duncan, Green+Bare to ground, Red+White, Black hot.

I plugged it in, the bridge didn't work at all (probably my mistake there), but all five positions on the switch buzzed like CRAZY, unless I was touching the strings or any other metal part. If it wasn't buzzing before and I didn't mess with that, what's up?
Reaching out to embrace the random,
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.
I cut out the Fender coils and soldered straight to the existing output and grounding wires, so I'm not sure where it could have gone wrong
Reaching out to embrace the random,
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.
Did you soldered all your pickup grounds to the volume pot? Also, make sure all your solder joints are good, tug on the wire to make sure they don't break loose, if they do, it's a cold solder joint, and just rel-solder it a bit hotter.

Also, the negative wires, or the end of the pickup coil wires will be soldered to the volume pot.