does anyone know how powerful(specs) of an electric motor i would need to power a 300 pound vehicle at speeds up to 70mph or more?
i have never heard of this google, what does it do?(sarcasm).If you dont know dont comment!
uhm this is either a)going to be exceptionally expensive due to battery needs for such a powerful motor

or
b)need to be plugged into an outlet and useles.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
You wouldn't really need much, 10 horse power would be plenty I would think, if you geared it right.

The only problem you'd get, if you didn't attach a CV transmission to it would be snapping chains, or burning belts, since electric motors get instant torque. Also, you'd need a rather large battery, prolly something along the lines of like 6 to 10 500 amp car battery's in line to run the thing for any decent amount of time. Which would prolly jack your weight up to 400 pounds.

There's alot involved, why do you want to do this?
I think, and don't take word for this, but I think they run with electricity. Yeah, I'm kinda a electricicity genius. I know lots of things about the electric world. It's pretty cool.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
I think, and don't take word for this, but I think they run with electricity. Yeah, I'm kinda a electricicity genius. I know lots of things about the electric world. It's pretty cool.

silly guy, AllJudasPriest has proven to us all that electricity doesnt exist, the theory behind it isnt 100% proven with zero holes so it cannot be correct.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Well, there's thing called science which you're gonna have to hook up to a thing called math. . .
Quote by whitenihilist
Asada is schooling Playmadness.

Quote by Victory2134
Asada confirmed for coolest guy in here.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
silly guy, AllJudasPriest has proven to us all that electricity doesnt exist, the theory behind it isnt 100% proven with zero holes so it cannot be correct.

Ahh, but by her other stupid logic, it is old. So it must be true.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by ethan_hanus
You wouldn't really need much, 10 horse power would be plenty I would think, if you geared it right.

The only problem you'd get, if you didn't attach a CV transmission to it would be snapping chains, or burning belts, since electric motors get instant torque. Also, you'd need a rather large battery, prolly something along the lines of like 6 to 10 500 amp car battery's in line to run the thing for any decent amount of time. Which would prolly jack your weight up to 400 pounds.

There's alot involved, why do you want to do this?

What about some deep cycle car audio batteries in the 3k watt range? They don't weight nearly as much.
At any rate, don't you think an eletric motor powerful enough to reach 70mph with a battery of suitable energy to power it would be rather unstable/unsafe/illogical on something weighing only 300 pounds anyway?
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Asada Hiruka
At any rate, don't you think an eletric motor powerful enough to reach 70mph with a battery of suitable energy to power it would be rather unstable/unsafe/illogical on something weighing only 300 pounds anyway?

well it would end up weighing at least 500 with a driver, and another hundred or so for the motor and batteries. 600 pounds is heavier than a lot of things that are road legal.
yeah, but they're really expensive. you need some more money. try this:

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Asada Hiruka

nah look at motorcycles.

also Tesla Roadster is a fine piece of engineering (and being discontinued for a shitty Tesla Sedan )

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by captaincrunk
What about some deep cycle car audio batteries in the 3k watt range? They don't weight nearly as much.

If TS could afford them, I would think those would be rather expensive. Driving an electric motor is not the same as driving a car audio system, your converting electrical energy into mechanical motion, so you'll be using alot of power very quickly, and your motor will prolly be running at least 100 amps through constant acceleration.

Most electric vehicles run at over 500 volts and a crap tone of amps. And even their battery life isn't very long.

The biggest problem TS will have is recharging the batteries after use. Lead acid battery's can only be recharged so many times.

Oh, and Jimmy, attach some electrical clamps to your nipples, and then plug clams into wall socket, and tell me that electricity doesn't exist.

Some kid in the Leander school district thought it would be a good idea, ended up in the hospital.
Quote by captaincrunk
well it would end up weighing at least 500 with a driver, and another hundred or so for the motor and batteries. 600 pounds is heavier than a lot of things that are road legal.

But it's only a 300 pound frame. Also, those other things use internal combustion engines, which are much more practical.
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by captaincrunk

truth my motorcycle is 400lbs dry, ducati supersport 900

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by jmonko
I'm actually in the process of building an electric go kart right now.
Depending on your build you can get around 40 mph with this. http://www.cloudelectric.com/product_p/mo-es-33.htm
Like ethan said gearing will play a huge part in how much torque it has.

I'm actually in the process of building an electric go kart.

Glitch in the matrix?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO