We are a rock band that can best be described as a collaboration of all types of rock music. We blend everyone's individual styles to make a unquie sound. We will draw you in with our catchy riffs, amazing vocals, and in your face drums. Feedback is greatly appreciated so let me know what you think. You can find us on Facebook, Youtube, and Myspace.
Last edited by amp714 at Jul 1, 2011,
With Understanding, Pride

What thoughts play through your head when you listen to your nation’s anthem? Do you listen to your anthem? Do your students?

As a substitute teacher, I see students who don’t listen to my nation’s anthem, who don’t stand at attention, or who even talk or fool around while my anthem is sung. Sure they have heard it every school morning for x number of years, but they seem to forget that my nation has soldiers deployed out of country defending that anthem and what it stands for. They forget that very few of these valiant soldiers return home unscathed in some way. I know; my father was in the service, thankfully during times of peace, but domestic terrorists were around while he served.

Lately, as I more deeply invest myself in my students’ welfares and futures, I have grown concerned about this apparent apathy, this disinterest, this boredom my students present over my anthem. I think more than just apathy directs their behaviors. I actually think they hold a “it can not happen to me and my country” taking-it-for-granted attitude. Under this premise, my nation’s anthem is just a song with no more meaning than a teacher’s preaching. No wonder they do not respect it as I do. I am not sure most of them even understand it. That saddens me.

I was taught my anthem when I was a kid. Because of this, I hold it with great pride. With understanding comes pride. So I would like to bring meaning to two lines of my anthem, the way I was taught them. I imagine that a class can be best taught this through query and discussion.
When i read your reply the first time I did not quite understand it. Even after I read it two or three times I still don't understand it. I get the point that you love your country I understand that. My band memebers and I also love this country but, what does your reply have to do with anything? All I was asking for is for people to look at my band nothing more nothing less. Is your reply complaining about our band name? If it is im sorry that it offended you but it is just a name thats it. Please correct me if I am wrong