Poll: Would you care?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you care?
I'd be pissed. It's cheating.
123 38%
It's cheating, but it's also really hot.
152 47%
I wouldn't give a shit. It's really hot.
49 15%
Voters: 324.
Page 1 of 4
So I'm skyping with a friend right now and he told me he would NOT be upset if his (hypothetical) girlfriend hooked up with another girl.

I told him to stop being an immature jackass and think about it, because cheating is cheating. But I'm wondering, would you Pit dwellers think it was super hot if your girlfriend hooked up with another girl, or would you be upset that she cheated on you?

EDIT: After seeing the responses, it seems the OP wasn't as clear as I'd like

In this scenario, your girlfriend did NOT ask permission or whatever. She cheated. Also, there's no guarantee of a threesome. Not that it couldn't happen, but it's not a given.
Last edited by trueamerican at Jul 1, 2011,
It's still cheating and I'd be upset, but I'm not competing with another man so I guess it's better in that sense. If she wants to experiment who am I to say no.

All that said my opinion could be totally different if it actually happened to me.
Nah.

I'm a lot of things, but a hypocrite isn't one of them. Well, not in this case anyway.
Well if it was a very serious girlfriend, I'd probably be pissed. If it was just a short term kind of deal, I'd try to get a threesome out of the deal.

Does that make me a filthy pig? I don't care. I'm a guy.
another girl? no way, i encourage her to go for it often. i'm not a very jelous person at all. any time it comes up i tell her to go for it. i dont even demand that i be there. as long as she tells me about it
My sig? Nice.
she has before. doesn't necessarily mean anything, i don't overly care.
Threesomes are cool, but a vagina is a vagina. It's not like you're penetrating two vaginas at once. Think about it.
I'm all for open relationships, as long as no STIs-STDs are brought in. Who am I to say you can't indulge in lust or desires for someone else? I don't own you. If you still have the same level of interest for me, then it's all good. If you don't, then I'd rather not force you into monogamy against your desires, because it becomes fruitless.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by trueamerican
Threesomes are cool, but a vagina is a vagina. It's not like you're penetrating two vaginas at once. Think about it.

That's what this guy is for:

I can get pretty jealous, but if I was in on that, I wouldn't care at ALL.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by DonGlover
I'm all for open relationships, as long as no STIs-STDs are brought in. Who am I to say you can indulge in lust or desires for someone else? I don't own you. If you still have the same level of interest for me, then it's all good. If you don't, then I'd rather not force you into monogamy against your desires, because it becomes fruitless.

Well duh, but if you're in a committed relationship, it's cheating and therefore the relationship should most likely end.
No because if my (hypothetical) girlfriend were to one day catch me with a man, I wouldn't want to be called a hypocrite.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's what this guy is for:

I've always used this guy for raising my hand politely in class and picking my nose >__>! I never dreamed it could be used elsewhere!
That depends entirely on the relationship. People in a relationship should set boundaries; whether or not that allows for outside "hook ups" is for the involved parties to decide together.

For example, I know several people who are in a group relationship of 3 guys and 4 girls. Any member of that group can be intimate with any other member of the group, but they're all expected to be faithful to the group. That is, none of them are supposed to hook up with anyone outside of their relationship. To do so would be cheating.

On the other hand, my best friend is in a semi open relationship. He and his girlfriend have agreed that they may have sex with other people, but they tell each other who their other partners are. So in this case, hooking up usually isn't cheating.

TL;DR: Like any good diaper, depends.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles

For example, I know several people who are in a group relationship of 3 guys and 4 girls. Any member of that group can be intimate with any other member of the group, but they're all expected to be faithful to the group. That is, none of them are supposed to hook up with anyone outside of their relationship. To do so would be cheating.

What.The.****.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
No because if my (hypothetical) girlfriend were to one day catch me with a man, I wouldn't want to be called a hypocrite.

The thing is, you wouldn't have sex with anybody else, man or woman. It's not hypocritical if you don't cheat at all. This only applies to those who feel the same way as I do of course.
Quote by trueamerican
Well duh, but if you're in a committed relationship, it's cheating and therefore the relationship should most likely end.

But I'm saying I don't agree with the whole one person for the other "You're going to stay with me only and you're going to like it or we're done!" attitude. I have no problem with polygamy, even if the other members are guys. Personally, I wouldn't involve myself in intercourse with that other guy because I am heterosexual, but I have no problem with my female companion receiving pleasure from him when she so desires. You can love more than one person at a time, and you can indulge in that love with multiple peoples at one time.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by trueamerican
I've always used this guy for raising my hand politely in class and picking my nose >__>! I never dreamed it could be used elsewhere!

And when you get that one down, you can bring out this fella:

THE POSSIBILITIES!
Quote by DonGlover
But I'm saying I don't agree with the whole one person for the other "You're going to stay with me only and you're going to like it or we're done!" attitude. I have no problem with polygamy, even if the other members are guys. Personally, I wouldn't involve myself in intercourse withe that other guy because I am heterosexual, but I have no problem with my female companion receiving pleasure from him when she so desires. You can love more than one person at a time, and you can indulge in that love with multiple peoples at one time.

So you're against committed relationships? I would agree that many are hastily formed and ill-conceived, purely for the purpose of fitting in with society's arbitrary standards, but I don't think the concept of monogamy is a bad one.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
And when you get that one down, you can bring out this fella:

THE POSSIBILITIES!

Quote by trueamerican
So you're against committed relationships? I would agree that many are hastily formed and ill-conceived, purely for the purpose of fitting in with society's arbitrary standards, but I don't think the concept of monogamy is a bad one.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad one either, it's just not for me.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover
I don't think it's necessarily a bad one either, it's just not for me.

Huh. I think for younger people who aren't yet settled it's a bad idea. I'm avoiding serious relationships, because, not to sound cliche, but they really do hold you back. I'm not planning on anything serious until I have my own life and have some shit figured out. I don't want anyone else deciding/influencing my life
Quote by trueamerican
What.The.****.

Welcome to the strange and exciting world of polyfidelity!!!

They pretty much are like any other couple, except that there are seven equal partners instead of two.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
Welcome to the strange and exciting world of polyfidelity!!!

They pretty much are like any other couple, except that there are seven equal partners instead of two.

I understand the concept. It's just kind of ridiculous. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but wow.
I wouldn't be mad, but if it were a serious monogamous relationship, I still wouldn't want it to continue. I'd just be like "..........................What?"
First two comments win
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by trueamerican
Huh. I think for younger people who aren't yet settled it's a bad idea. I'm avoiding serious relationships, because, not to sound cliche, but they really do hold you back. I'm not planning on anything serious until I have my own life and have some shit figured out. I don't want anyone else deciding/influencing my life

I feel the same way with children, but to the point where I just simply don't want children. They are great when you have them, but they are undoubtedly a burden on many aspects of your life. Of course I will put my goals and needs before my non-existent offspring. Plus, enough people are reproducing each day for me to skip out on my biological purpose of reproduction.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover
I feel the same way with children, but to the point where I just simply don't want children. They are great when you have them, but they are undoubtedly a burden on many aspects of your life. Of course I will put my goals and needs before my non-existent offspring. Plus, enough people are reproducing each day for me to skip out on my biological purpose of reproduction.

I don't know where I stand on that, tbh. On one hand, I kind of want kids. Especially because I have no idea what I'll spend all my time on late in life and I don't give a shit about my "biological purpose." On the other hand, diapers.
Page 1 of 4