New pedal and picks day!

Got this one yesterday, thanks to Tim (greeny23) of Toyroom Effects;

A Toyroom Effects Pure Drive. Oh, and that purple light is from my wah. I put a plexiglass base on it, with ultraviolet LED's

Its a Dumble-in-a-box type pedal, based on a modified Zendrive. The knobs aren't labelled, but they are; volume, gain, tone and voice.

The first thing I noticed about the pedal is how well it reacts to picking dynamics and the guitars volume knob. I used fairly high output humbuckers, and it still cleans up very well, a lot better than my BB Preamp.

It has a quite a bit more gain than I was expecting, it can get quite dirty. The voice control is sort of like a secondary tone control, as you turn it up, it adds a very subtle mid boost, and it also adds a little gain too.

Where it excels is low-gain tones though. Unlike the BB Preamp, which IMO is ideal for mid gain tones, the Pure Drive works very well for a light overdrive. Its smoother and clearer than the BB, and the tone controls are a lot more usable. It also works very well as a boost, running into the crunch and lead channels of my Mark IV. On the crunch channel, it adds just a bit more bite, and boosts the high end nicely.

Here's how my pedal"board" is currently set up;

I also got some sweet new picks, thanks to Gravity Picks (not the Jazz III, I already had it!)

The Classic Mini and Striker Mini.
I'm not a huge fan of the Striker, it doesn't feel right to me, but the Classic is a great pick. Its 3mm thick, quite a bit more than the Jazz III. They're made of some sort of acrylic plastic, and they are very grippy, they sort of stick to your fingers, which makes it hard to lose your grip on them.
The thickness gives you better control over the pick, and it feels more powerful too.

Plus, its a sweet orange colour, really bright. Could be useful if you lose picks a lot
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 1, 2011,
Sweet man!

Can we get a pick of the underside of your wah

HNP&SD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Very nice. The gravity pick looks cool, are they like a V Pick competitor?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

that's pretty cool on the wah.

congrats on the new gear.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Ippon
I like the unlabeled knobs. Very nice differentiation between the Pure Drive and the BB preamp. Congrats!

mojostompboxes.com
Slightly off-topic.... Tim, sounds like a nice job on the JCA20. Saw the review (last week?) - got much else in the pipe line (I feel a spending spree coming on in the next month or so...)
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Slightly off-topic.... Tim, sounds like a nice job on the JCA20. Saw the review (last week?) - got much else in the pipe line (I feel a spending spree coming on in the next month or so...)
Music to pros!
Quote by Slap-happy

it was 2 weeks ago yah. there was a pedal in last weeks and another in this week

i got heaps of stuff going on at the moment, theres some pedals on eBay as well as a bunch of pedals in the works now for future ebay including mods and custom build/clones.

if you have anything in mind drop me an email make sure i know its a UG peep though cause ya'll get cheap shit!
mojostompboxes.com
Nice dude.

Yeah, didn't pick up last weeks streetpress and one of them have stopped delivering to my local pub....

I'll have a look at what my rig is "lacking" and be in touch soon.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by mcraddict81592
Very nice. The gravity pick looks cool, are they like a V Pick competitor?

I guess, yeah. I was going to get some V-Picks before I got these, but I don't think I will anymore.

Quote by diceksox1809
Can we get a pick of the underside of your wah

There's not much to see

Just 2 LEDs hot glued into a piece of plexiglass.

The orange pick loves UV;
what the hell dude 3mm pick?!xD you are probably the most badass guitar playing for being able to play with that!!
i like that wah mod with the light, i could imagine it looks awesome on stage
HNSD dude
3mm isn't that big. V-Picks have some 5, 6, 8 and even an 11mm pick. I don't think I could use anything that big, but 3mm feels really comfortable to me.
I was a bit doubtful before I tried it, but I love it.
is it easier or harder or ??? to get good pinch harmonics out of the orange one?
Hnp&sd!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
is it easier or harder or ??? to get good pinch harmonics out of the orange one?

The same really, but the orange makes them sound better
I'm definitely going to buy some more of them though, they are great picks.
Hell that's worth a try.