I normally play like this:

But i've heard that the right hand should rest on the bridge, I've tried this but it feels very awkward especially when I pick the E and A strings.
The main thing is to try not to anchor yourself. If your hand is kinda floating with no help there, then keep it goin. however if you stretch a finger out to the pickup or knob, to hold yourself in place, then that's not good for long term meta-carpal health. I rest mine on the bridge so not to anchor it, if you dont anchor dont change, if you do, try not to.
Quote by Charley2715
The main thing is to try not to anchor yourself. If your hand is kinda floating with no help there, then keep it goin. however if you stretch a finger out to the pickup or knob, to hold yourself in place, then that's not good for long term meta-carpal health. I rest mine on the bridge so not to anchor it, if you dont anchor dont change, if you do, try not to.

well I rest mine either on the thicker strings or it floats when needed..
You heard wrong, your right hand shouldn't be resting anywhere, unless it needs to for something like palm muting.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You heard wrong, your right hand shouldn't be resting anywhere, unless it needs to for something like palm muting.

okay
Quote by steven seagull

This.
However, I'd add that for muting purposes (cutting out excess noise, not palm muting), you want to have your right hand lightly touching the strings below (in pitch) the one that you're playing.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.