my budget is $200. i live in northern indiana, usa. im looking for new. id like a modeling amp. i dont have the extra money to buy pedals if i got a tube amp. i like to play metal/hardcore and rock. been looking at the peavy vypyr 30. any other ideas?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i've heard nothing but bad things about line 6 and the fender mustang doesnt seem so good for heavier music.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Most people will recommend a Peavey Vypyr, or some other USED Amp. And do NOT get a spider.
Where's Waldo?
you need to at least give stuff a chance.. if u just plug in and play a line 6, yea its gonna sound like crap..

but if you choose one of the presets and EQ it a little and actually try to get a sound, then its decent.
Quote by Deathro
Try a Line 6 Spider, of a Fender Mustang. They are fairly good Modeling amps from what my friends have told me

Everybody! Just cover your ears and yell LALALALALALALALALA when Deathro gives advice! IT'S A TRAP!

Quote by LedFender
you need to at least give stuff a chance.. if u just plug in and play a line 6, yea its gonna sound like crap..

but if you choose one of the presets and EQ it a little and actually try to get a sound, then its decent.

The Spider is a terrible terrible amp. This isn't just bandwagoning. The amp is horrible. HORRIBLE.

You can get so much better for the money. Like the VYPYR for example.

TS: The Vypyr is awesome. Best amp in that price range IMO.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Jul 1, 2011,
I thought the Vypr sounded like crap. Bought the Spider instead. I'd recommend trying anything before you buy it.

If I had to do it again I'd go for a Rolland Cube.
2009 Ibanez RG3EXFM1
2003 Ibanez RG220B
Line 6 Spider III 75
oh cool. thanks for the advice. i had the cube 15. no effects though and the cleans wern't the greatest.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by mydian

ive heard good things about the roland cube xl's

every spider except for the valves sound absolutely terrible and the valves sound like shit if you try to turn them up

i played the fender mustang head and it sounded pretty bad also

it'd be best to try em all and see which you like best(or hate the least)
Quote by mydian
I thought the Vypr sounded like crap. Bought the Spider instead. I'd recommend trying anything before you buy it.

Roland Cube is also good. And of COURSE try anything before you buy it. Tone is sooooo subjective.

I am really surprised that you prefered the Spider to the Vypyr though...
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
Everybody! Just cover your ears and yell LALALALALALALALALA when Deathro gives advice! IT'S A TRAP!

The Spider is a terrible terrible amp. This isn't just bandwagoning. The amp is horrible. HORRIBLE.

You can get so much better for the money. Like the VYPYR for example.

TS: The Vypyr is awesome. Best amp in that price range IMO.

Im only giving him ideas for MODELING AMPS. I dont like Line 6 and the model Spiders for my life. Its what my 'friends ' have told me. I would recommend a Marshall, VOX, or Orange amps but they dont have modeling amps. MY brother is the one with the spider 75 watt. I bought a Marshall Tube amp.
Quote by LedFender

Are you trying to suggest that everyone that says line 6 spiders are bad cant dial in an amp properly?
Check out the Vox VT series before you decide.

Seriously dude.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Deathro
Im only giving him ideas for MODELING AMPS.

And yet you picked the most universally hated modelling amp ever.

I understand that maybe you haven't tried one. But you shouldn't recommend something based on second hand info. If you haven't personally tried the amp, don't recommend it!

And if you HAVE tried it, and still recommended it...WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Quote by rmr024