hey guys, so still having problems with my new Dimarzios. not qutie problem but my situation really leaves me wishing more... so i got Fast track II and Chopper for my bridge and neck respectively. I have a 250k Killpot volume and dont want to replace this thing! i have a tone control on the neck one which is 250k but it's a no-load pot meaning it's totally off at max. the bridge is very bright and nice sounding, the neck is however too warm for my liking (tone at off/max). the dimarzio website says Chopper has got plenty of trebly but i dont feel that, the solos are somewhat less sharp and whatnot with it and it aint got that Neck feel for the strat (i know it's a humbucker-ish pup but nevertheless)... I am thinking is it worth swapping the places of the pickups? after all if the whole guitar is a bit warmer than my liking all together then i can jsut EQ everything differently, but this way i can't EQ it well cause the brighter i make my tone when im on my neck the brighter the bridge becomes...

tl:dr; shall i swap my Fast track II and Chopper (bridge and neck respectively) with each other? will it give me any good result?

PS. just asking cause i dont feel like detuning the thing and whatnot... (it's a strat you know )
Try this. I did it with my Ibanez pickup and it sounds incredible.
If you have old single coils or something with thin ceramic bar magnets, take the wooden/plastic spacers out of the neck pickup, and put the magnets in place of them.
It increases the output and treble.
Just make sure you put them it repelling against the middle magnet on each side.
Cusp of Magic
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
Try this. I did it with my Ibanez pickup and it sounds incredible.
If you have old single coils or something with thin ceramic bar magnets, take the wooden/plastic spacers out of the neck pickup, and put the magnets in place of them.
It increases the output and treble.
Just make sure you put them it repelling against the middle magnet on each side.

naah. won't do for me...

any other ideas?
try changing the value of the capacitor on the tone pot
Takes a Knockin' and Keeps on Rockin" DOA #08-01502
Quote by ferretjoe
try changing the value of the capacitor on the tone pot

the problem is the volume pots
you are using 250 K pots (standard in strats)
you need to get a new pot that is higher value (500K)
same problem i had
i only swapped the vol pot

this will fix ya

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-500K-Volume-Potentiometer-100100438-i1170605.gc
Last edited by fenderfreak100 at Jul 5, 2011,