After watching an interview with Niklas and Martin of Dark Tranquillity and learning that the awesome sound they had in their live DVD, Where Death Is Most Alive, was actually a Peavey 6505 using a Behringer V-Amp Pro as a Pre-Amp, I began seriously considering using it as my pre amp as well. However, I just moved away from using a Line 6 POD 2.0 to using my awesome 6505's tone and I am reluctant to going back to using a digital tone. So I decided to come here. My favorite place to bug people about my gear xD

What do you guys think? Should I do it? I mean, Dark Tranquillity even provided their live tones for the Behringer V-Amp pro on their website as a .syx file and I have said file on my computer already. I am currently using a Line 6 Floor POD as my FX Loop and using a V-amp would pretty much eliminate my need for a pedalboard or Post Gain FX.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Yeah, they're pretty good tbh. Typical Behringer gear, decent sound, cheap price.

Nice enough piece of kit. Can get a decent amount of sounds out of it. Do they make a FS for them??
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty
Yeah, they're pretty good tbh. Typical Behringer gear, decent sound, cheap price.

Nice enough piece of kit. Can get a decent amount of sounds out of it. Do they make a FS for them??

Yeah I just want to keep my setup nice and simple without sacrificing my tone but I wanna see if anyone could give me the cons of going with this kind of setup... if any

And if by FS you meant footswitch...
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-FCB1010-Controller-Expression-Pedals/dp/B000CZ0RK6
They sure do! A tad pricey though xD
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<