Page 1 of 4
For all those people that only have a vague memory of a movie, song, book etc and need some kind of closure.

For me there i saw this surrealist movie that seemed like it was set in the 1700-1800s and at one point there is this girl that has branches for arms standing at a dirt road intersection.
It kinda had the atmosphere of A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Its bugged me for years now. Help would be appreciated
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Last edited by Artema at Jul 4, 2011,
Great thread idea
M'fraid I don't have the foggiest though
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Wow that was a bloody good find. But no, i saw it about 12 years ago. At one point a guy saves her from something and takes her away.......I think
"Ladies and gents."

I saw a half of a french movie once, it was about a guy who shaves off his moustache, but no one notices, not even his wife, and he starts to go crazy. I wanted to watch the whole thing, but I fell asleep, as it was pretty early in the morning.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by pbiggie
I saw a half of a french movie once, it was about a guy who shaves off his moustache, but no one notices, not even his wife, and he starts to go crazy. I wanted to watch the whole thing, but I fell asleep, as it was pretty early in the morning.

That sounds quite cool. Was it quite an old film?
"Ladies and gents."

Quote by pbiggie

La moustache?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428856/
Hahahaha, bless those French
"Ladies and gents."

Quote by pbiggie

I'm guessing on SBS? I wish I could help, I've seen a few halves of movies that I wish I could finish. Yours sounds pretty cool too.

I think I can remember one vaguely;

Quote by A Korean Film
(Fairly sure it's Korean) Romance with a twist. The woman in the relationship mysteriously disappears, has plastic surgery to change her face and assumes a new identity. She returns to her partner as a different person and begins a relationship with him, never telling him that she is his 'dead' girlfriend.

And here's an unrelated one;
Quote by A 90's animated cartoon
Can't recall what channel it was on, possibly nickelodeon. It had a wild west/outlaw setting on the border of US and Mexico and revolved around a town populated by insects. There were a pair of flys, a few ants, a caterpillar and various indiscriminate other bugs.

Good luck
Man that cartoon that has a western theme sounds so familiar. The only thing that comes to mind is Oogie and the cockroaches =/
"Ladies and gents."

I've actually found it with thorough googling before and then forgoten again. I can't be bothered going through that again so I'm just hoping someone has a better idea than me.
Quote by Mentalcore

YES!!!!
Quote by Butt Rayge
I'm guessing on SBS? I wish I could help, I've seen a few halves of movies that I wish I could finish. Yours sounds pretty cool too.

SBS is the shit. It always has good foreign movies.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Quote by pbiggie
YES!!!!

I wish NZ had some worth while channels for stuff like that. The only ones that we have is Rialto and The Arts channel. Even then we have to pay for that.
The free to air ones just don't have substance
"Ladies and gents."

Quote by pbiggie
YES!!!!

I used watch it until like 3 AM back in my HSC days when I had to get up early for school or an exam the next day. I saw some pretty good films through year 11 and 12. I wrote a lot of my favourite music too. It's amazing what having something important to do can do to your creativity and culture.

These days though I've been falling asleep around midnight, which means I really can only ever catch the start of them.
Quote by Artema
I wish NZ had some worth while channels for stuff like that. The only ones that we have is Rialto and The Arts channel. Even then we have to pay for that.
The free to air ones just don't have substance

NZ free to air > Aussie free to air

Even SBS has news in foreign languages for half the day unsubbed. It's just the movies and documentaries that are good.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Quote by pbiggie
NZ free to air > Aussie free to air

Even SBS has news in foreign languages for half the day unsubbed. It's just the movies and documentaries that are good.

I have never seen Aussie free to air but that is a big call.
One gem that i did see late at night was Kung Fu Hustle. That was a bit of a mind **** when you're half asleep. Im really glad that I did get to see it
"Ladies and gents."

Quote by Artema
I have never seen Aussie free to air but that is a big call.
One gem that i did see late at night was Kung Fu Hustle. That was a bit of a mind **** when you're half asleep. Im really glad that I did get to see it

aussie get's all the same american shows, but NZ made TV is a hell of a lot better than aussie made TV.

especially the adverts. oh god, australia has the shittiest adverts.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Haha i must agree with that. NZ is quite creative in that department.
But you do have uncle Chop Chop
"Ladies and gents."

Okay so there's like a movie I saw as a kid, a guy who gets hit by a car and these shadow things come and take him to hell or whatever. Then at the end of the movie, a huge shard of glass falls on and kills this guy and the shadows come back and take him to hell.

Help please. (:
@ Rayge, The 'korean one' you describe sounds rather similar to Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, not entirely the same, but reasonably similar at least. Unfortunately, the stories aren't exactly the same.
Quote by Twist of fate
Okay so there's like a movie I saw as a kid, a guy who gets hit by a car and these shadow things come and take him to hell or whatever. Then at the end of the movie, a huge shard of glass falls on and kills this guy and the shadows come back and take him to hell.

Help please. (:

Is that Ghost? With the Swayze in it?
"Ladies and gents."

Quote by Twist of fate
I don't know, silly! I'll look it up though. Whether you're correct or not, thank you.

You are correct.

To be honest the way you described it made that movie sound way cooler than it is haha
"Ladies and gents."

There's a movie I saw on a plane that I can't remember. The main character was this midget guy in glasses, and the climax was him rescuing some kids from a school bus that fell in a lake. And I'm fairly sure he dies.
Another movie i cant remember is t one point, there are really big naked women everywhere in this marble palace. Then a guy comes running out and he digs himself a path in the ground.............
"Ladies and gents."

Right I've got one - a kid's book about a boy who has an accident which puts him in a coma in which he goes to a different world where they build robotic insects and pilot them into our world (where they're the same size as actual bugs). In the other world, there's a dystopian evil city, which the boy escapes from and goes to the good city, which is in a cold war with the evil city. The boy teams up with a girl and ends up saving both worlds from the evil city's bug pilots and then he wakes from his coma.

Randomly remembered it the other day, after six years, and its really annoying me now
Last edited by 23dannybhoy23 at Jul 2, 2011,
I know there's plenty of movies I've half seen but I can't remember
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Does anyone remember the title of this short-lived sitcom where this kind of portly redhead gets promoted to like a top floor in her building and one of her co-workers is the guy from the comcast commercials (I think) and he's a douche to the max?

/woahstreamofconsciousness
Quote by thewho65
Does anyone remember the title of this short-lived sitcom where this kind of portly redhead gets promoted to like a top floor in her building and one of her co-workers is the guy from the comcast commercials (I think) and he's a douche to the max?

/woahstreamofconsciousness

I think that is Less than perfect

The guy that becomes the new boss there or something is from the live action of The Tick
"Ladies and gents."

Last edited by Artema at Jul 2, 2011,
So I saw this movie on tv when I was younger that scared the living shit out of me. I think it was mostly set in a small isolated village, but the one scene I remember, which I *think* was a dream sequence, was this guy (who I think was a character in the movie) is like a centaur sort of thing. I must see it again, please help.

Edit: By the way, I don't think this movie was meant to be especially scary, so it's probably not a horror movie. I was just a pussy.
Last edited by nickamoorus at Jul 2, 2011,
Quote by nickamoorus
So I saw this movie on tv when I was younger that scared the living shit out of me. I think it was mostly set in a small isolated village, but the one scene I remember, which I *think* was a dream sequence, was this guy (who I think was a character in the movie) is like a centaur sort of thing. I must see it again, please help.

Edit: By the way, I don't think this movie was meant to be especially scary, so it's probably not a horror movie. I was just a pussy.

Pan's Labyrinth?
Quote by cool_geek_dude
Pan's Labyrinth?

I don't think so, I wouldn't have watched a non-english movie. :/ But I'm fairly certain the thing I'm trying to describe is a faun though
Definitely not Pan's Labyrinth, judging by that description. I think we need more clues.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Definitely not Pan's Labyrinth, judging by that description. I think we need more clues.

It was so long ago. But this one scene I can remember I'm pretty sure was in a forest, perhaps near a river? XD The surroundings may have been on fire, and as I said, I'm fairly sure this part of the movie was a dream or premonition, but the faun may have appeared in other parts of the movie. In fact I think the girl who dreams it dreams that a male character in the movie is the faun.
Ok. A book, erm, portals in towers that lead between world or universes and the need to get an object through them.

And an evil guy, then a fight in a tower.

Thats all I can remember. :L

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Everything just just makes me think of the Never ending story. That's probably why its so awesome
"Ladies and gents."

Page 1 of 4