Okay so tonight I'm going for a downtown "date" thing with my girlfriend. She thought that it would be a good night to dress up a little for it. One problem, it's going to be like 95 degrees (F) here!!! She's wearing some kind of summer dress I think, but i have no idea what to wear.

Would some dark cargo shorts and a button up plaid-ish shirt be "dressed-up" enough?

I know you're obviously not her, but what are your opinions on this? Should I get a little more dressed up than that? and how?
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Wear nothing

Or just go in trousers and when she is like 'WTF are you doing?' Reply "I just wanted to come in my pants" smirk and walk on like a boss!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jul 1, 2011,
Shorts......nononononononononononononono. no
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Please tell me you've gone outside before in the summer

Just wear shorts and a t-shirt, or just a nice shirt. Doesn't have to be anymore difficult than that. Personalize that's my style on warm days. I also accesorize (watch, necklace, rings), but that's pretty optional.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Please tell me you've gone outside before in the summer

Just wear shorts and a t-shirt, or just a nice shirt. Doesn't have to be anymore difficult than that. Personalize that's my style on warm days. I also accesorize (watch, necklace, rings), but that's pretty optional.

But this isn't just going outside in the summer. This is dressing nicely in the summer, almost semi-formal.
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Quote by JRib1216
But this isn't just going outside in the summer. This is dressing nicely in the summer, almost semi-formal.

You can just wear a nicer shirt than usual
Quote by Kensai
You can just wear a nicer shirt than usual

But would a button-up plaid-ish shirt look weird with shorts? I'm thinking roll the sleeves up but still.
TABBERS WANTED
If you have a nice pair of shorts, wear those with a button down or a polo. If not, just swap em out for khakis, they're actually fairly cool when it's hot out. Also, girls pay a lot of attention to shoes, so make sure you aren't wearing a pair of sneakers with a dozen holes in em and covered in grime.

EDIT: With the shorts especially, roll up the sleeves of the button down. Though I really do suggest wearing pants.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JRib1216
But would a button-up plaid-ish shirt look weird with shorts? I'm thinking roll the sleeves up but still.

Honestly I'm not a fan of plaid at all, but if you have nothing else I guess go for it. I can't tell these things without a picture either.
Smart trousers and a lightly coloured shirt.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
white short sleeved button down.

black skinny jeans.

I'm guessing you guys are going somewhere with AC.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
white short sleeved button down.

black skinny jeans.

I'm guessing you guys are going somewhere with AC.

Skinnys are gay. I can't believe they actually took off.

Slim or sraight leg FTW.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Skinnys are gay. I can't believe they actually took off.

Slim or sraight leg FTW.

calm your nips. skinny jeans rock.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking