Poll: RG-350 or Omen 6-Solo
Poll Options
View poll results: RG-350 or Omen 6-Solo
Ibanez RG350
6 30%
Schecter Omen 6-Solo
14 70%
Voters: 20.
Okay, one of them is probably gonna be my first electric.

I love the RG350.
Pros:
1. It has a faster neck
2. I'm a sucker for a H-S-H config
Cons:
1. I don't need the trem. If i could, I would just cut it and throw it away. So less playing and more tuning adjustment.
2. Its design is boring. The only nice thing about the design is the pick guard.

Then there's the Omen 6 Solo:
Pros:
1. Its got a beautiful design.
2. It has a coil tap switch.
3. No Trem, so less tuning problems, and I could drop tones to play Zepplin and GNR

Cons: Not as fast a neck as the RG350.

I'm a shred junkie, I listen to shred and I go WOW, and I can't wait to start shredding.
Which one would you choose?
Quote by tappooh
i see many people talk about "fast necks". what the hell does that mean??

It's the thickness of the neck, I think.

OP: Are you certain that these two models are the ones you can choose between? Is there a chance you could try out an LTD guitar too perhaps? Those are really great too.

To me it seems, that it's the Schecter you should have. If you like how the guitar looks, you're going to feel absolutely thrilled about picking it up and playing it. And it's got the coil tap switch, so you get both worlds, so to speak.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Fast necks just imply that the guitar has a very smooth neck and allows you to slide between notes easily. Obviously this helps with shredding, sweeping etc.

EDIT: Yeah thickness of the neck also has an impact on this, didnt make that clear
I'm sorry but you're not going to pick up an ibanez and suddenly start shredding... infact some people find it easier on necks that arent super thin.

I own 4 ibanez guitars btw.
You should definitely get the Ibanez. Comfort (what many mistakenly refer to as "fastness of the neck") is always the most important aspect of a guitar. Everything else can be changed many ways.

Which leads to my original point: get the Ibanez, and block the trem. That way you can use it as if it were a fixed bridge guitar. Don't use the locking pads (unless you want to. They can still provide some nice additional tuning stability.

EDIT: Also, I just want to say I find it funny how many people consider coil tapping a "feature". Marketing at work I guess. Seriously though, you can get a coil tap pot for like $5 and coil tap any pickup you want, as long as it has 4 conductors.

EDIT 2: I just saw this. I wasn't aware of this model (not that I've been following Ibanez recently). But it's probably worth looking into. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG471AH-Electric-Guitar-106566821-i1697623.gc
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
I'm sorry but you're not going to pick up an ibanez and suddenly start shredding...

Haha, very true very true

Quote by coolstoryangus
infact some people find it easier on necks that arent super thin.

I'll keep this in mind
I have a Schecter Solo 6 Custom (not Omen) and this is the one guitar with the highest value for money in my collection (which is not small).
Quote by hedron75
I have a Schecter Solo 6 Custom (not Omen) and this is the one guitar with the highest value for money in my collection (which is not small).

Custom? In what way?