So i have ben thinking about switcing my active pickups (emg 81+85) w/18 v mod to dimarzio Crunch Lab/Liquifire. Can i just remove the batteries, and switch pickups? Sorry for asking dumb questions, but im not an expert when it comes to stuff like this.
You need to switch your pots from 25K to 500K. You'll also need a mono output jack.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You need to switch your pots from 25K to 500K. You'll also need a mono output jack.

This. I think you'll also need to change the caps as EMG normally have different values to that found on passive guitars

except for the switch your looking at a complete rewire.
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
Quote by Offworld92

This, but you can still use your stereo output jack, you just have to turn it into a mono one. i.e. solder one of the ends to the ground.

Excellent choice of pickups btw!
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
well if it's a nice guitar and your not sure what a pot is or what switching pots means. My suggestion would be to go smoke some pot and get on the internet and research ur ass off and learn everything you can about the type of pot you smoked and the type of your new pots and you better know how to use a solder gun because you'll get alot of noise from a bad solder connection. And make sure all your connections are right. Or you'll be back here again asking more questions!!! But hey it's all good. that's what this site and others are for right! Hey just testing your nerves so if your really not good at electronics and soldering maybe you should just smoke some more pot and then take it in to a pro. J/K about the pot thing. But you really need to learn more about your guitar so do your home work and know what your doing before you do it. You don't need a degree to change your electronics but you do need to know what the hell your doing. Read the manual and go to manufactures web site for more info. just be really easy on those pots when soldering. It took me 15yrs to learn how to solder good. So don't mess it up. The cool thing I like about the EMG's is the quick connect wiring I can take my ZW EMG's out and put in some Blackouts in 5min. And then play around for a little bit then put the EMG's back in because I like the sound of the EMG's over the Blackouts. I hope you like the change in you guitar and you are happy with the way it sounds. good luck and get to work !! no time to waste!! and don't get a really hot solder iron or gun!! you'll melt the house down! more frustration !! lol hahahaa
^^^^ except for the smoking thing....

Or take it to a local music store and have them do it. Most don't charge more than $50 for a pair new pickups.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I was thinking of doing the same to my guitar, unfortunately I'm pretty sure those pickups are only for 7 string guitars and mine is a 6 hope you dont find yourself in the same position
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
I was thinking of doing the same to my guitar, unfortunately I'm pretty sure those pickups are only for 7 string guitars and mine is a 6 hope you dont find yourself in the same position

Incorrect. They are for 6 string guitars, but there are 7 string versions of them as well.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
sounds like you're not really technically schooled in this, no problemo neigther am i. i would take it to the shop/a technician and let that guy sort it out for you. might cost you a bit more but at least you'll know it's done correctly and all.