Poll: Springs In Or Not?
Poll Options
View poll results: Springs In Or Not?
Yes
5 71%
No
2 29%
Voters: 7.
So I've blocked my Strat trem a while back. I'm just wondering if you guys leave the springs in tight or not? On certain notes I hear them resonate unplugged, but I'm not sure if they need to be in.
As long as the bridge is properly blocked and won't move without the springs you may as well take them out, all they do is take energy out of the trem block and waste it.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
you need the springs for it to be properly grounded.
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Quote by Rossmillertarn!
you need the springs for it to be properly grounded.

Could you elaborate please?
Well the ground wire is soldered to the 'plate' in the back. The current goes through the springs, onto the trem block, up onto the bridge and along the strings. Without the springs, the bridge, and strings wouldn't be grounded.
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Quote by Rossmillertarn!
Well the ground wire is soldered to the 'plate' in the back. The current goes through the springs, onto the trem block, up onto the bridge and along the strings. Without the springs, the bridge, and strings wouldn't be grounded.

Ah, I see. Thanks man.
Quote by DeadlySurfer
Ah, I see. Thanks man.

Just get a wire from the spring claw to the bridge block. The problem with the springs inside the trem are that you not only hear them when you play unplugged but because they are made out of steel, the vibrations are picked up on your guitar pickups.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Just get a wire from the spring claw to the bridge block. The problem with the springs inside the trem are that you not only hear them when you play unplugged but because they are made out of steel, the vibrations are picked up on your guitar pickups.

Ah, good thinking!

I'm building up a list of things I want to do, such as sheild the cavities, so I can get them all done in one day, so I'll add that to it

Thanks for the help fellas.