Hi guitar rig gurus..., I'm new to being in a one guitar band, so I need to design a new live rig. Another thing that caused this need for modification is that the TCE Gforce I own just has too much patch change lag for my taste...i'm open to using it if there is a new config that can make it work.

I am in need of advice/recommendations on how I can modify my stereo rig to have seamless quick patch changes and seamless spill overs of delays & reverbs. I need to be able to quickly change one button on my GCP to have access to phaser, tremolo, compression, flange, chorus, doubler effect, (harmonizer, pitchshifter & able to pan one pitch to one side and harmony pitch to the other), dual delays (L 250ms, R 500ms or higher) etc... Recall, the Gforce is not seamless.

Should I go with Wet/Dry/Wet config? Stay stereo LR? It seams to me that I for sure will have to go with a parallel FX loop, since I would like no drop outs during patch changes what so ever and also no "tone degradation" from FX processing. I really like the tone I get with the triaxis directly to the 290 Power.

I currently have the following gear:

1 Mesa 290 Stereo Power Amp
1 Triaxis preamp (Series FX Loop and two Outputs)
1 TCE Gforce multi fx processor
1 Furman Power Conditioner
2 Marshall 4x12 Cabs
1 Voodoo labs GCP
1 EB Volume Pedal
1 Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah

What would I have to add to this list to accomplish what I'll like the rig to do, as mentioned above??

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Get an Axe FX.

Ok seriously, get an Axe FX, split your guitar signal, and use your Triaxis as your main and stereo it with the Axe. I'm sure you'd do just fine with it.
Last edited by Syriel at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by Syriel
Get an Axe FX.

Ok seriously, get an Axe FX, split your guitar signal, and use your Triaxis as your main and stereo it with the Axe. I'm sure you'd do just fine with it.

Syriel,

You mean a W/D/W configuration? How is the seamless patch changing with the Axe FX?? I don't need amp modeling...the Axe FX too much for me. I just need seamless patch changing preferably with a dedicated mult-fx unit.
Last edited by romeulus at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by romeulus
Syriel,

You mean a W/D/W configuration? How is the seamless patch changing with the Axe FX?? I don't need amp modeling...the Axe FX too much for me. I just need seamless patch changing preferably with a dedicated mult-fx unit.

Tons of people use the Axe FX and heavily load it with effects + use an amp model, and I've never seen people complain of its patch change.
Quote by romeulus
Hi guitar rig gurus..., I'm new to being in a one guitar band, so I need to design a new live rig. Another thing that caused this need for modification is that the TCE Gforce I own just has too much patch change lag for my taste...i'm open to using it if there is a new config that can make it work.

I am in need of advice/recommendations on how I can modify my stereo rig to have seamless quick patch changes and seamless spill overs of delays & reverbs. I need to be able to quickly change one button on my GCP to have access to phaser, tremolo, compression, flange, chorus, doubler effect, (harmonizer, pitchshifter & able to pan one pitch to one side and harmony pitch to the other), dual delays (L 250ms, R 500ms or higher) etc... Recall, the Gforce is not seamless.

Should I go with Wet/Dry/Wet config? Stay stereo LR? It seams to me that I for sure will have to go with a parallel FX loop, since I would like no drop outs during patch changes what so ever and also no "tone degradation" from FX processing. I really like the tone I get with the triaxis directly to the 290 Power.

I currently have the following gear:

1 Mesa 290 Stereo Power Amp
1 Triaxis preamp (Series FX Loop and two Outputs)
1 TCE Gforce multi fx processor
1 Furman Power Conditioner
2 Marshall 4x12 Cabs
1 Voodoo labs GCP
1 EB Volume Pedal
1 Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah

What would I have to add to this list to accomplish what I'll like the rig to do, as mentioned above??

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Nevermind, I fixed the problem. After careful observation of the gforce display...I noticed why the Gforce was lagging/late...it was changing patches twice! going from patch21, then immediately to patch36. My midi on the gforce was set up to omni :/ Therefore, it was accepting midi msgs intended for the Triaxis. Triaxis is CH1 and Gforce should have been CH2.

I made my patches identical with just bypassing blocks I don't use, it changes very well, seems seamless to me with spill overs.

Thanks!

PS. Now I have a lack of sustain/distortion on my triaxis :/