So, pretty soon I'm getting a Peavey Vypyr 75 combo. Good amp apparently, just with a shit blue marvel speaker. I was gonna replace the speaker, so can anyone tell me what a good speaker would be and how to go about replacing it?
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Thanks. How would I go about replacing it, or should I get it done at my music shop?
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by anguskilminster
Celestion G12-T75, same as the Marshall 1960 cabs. Best price new is probably here:- http://www.loudspeaker.co.uk/ They have other speakers too

NO NO NO NO NO.
You need a speaker tha won't color the sound of a modeling amp like the Vyper. Look at Line 6 site and they have a good 90 watt speaker that was made for modeling amps. They put them in the line 6 DT.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Would putting a 90 watt speaker on a 75 watt amp work?
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
yes, one usually wants the speaker wattage rating to be greater than that of the amp, it gives more headroom, which in turn, gives you the amp's distortion instead of the speaker's distortion.
i have the vypyr 30 and was thinking about eventually replacing the speaker.

how do you know whether a speaker is compatible? just copy the specs on the stock unit or can I get something that can handle more watts?

are ohms the only thing to worry about? the 30 uses a 12 inch speaker.
just get another 12 inch speaker of the same ohm rating. and make sure it is rated for 30 mor more watts.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.