Hi!

I've just started to try singing while i'm playing guitar and i need some advice of rock songs that are easy to sing along with.

Thanks!
Try songs that have the same notes on guitar all over the song.
One song I like is Black Sabbath's Paranoid, because the vocals are very attached to the guitar part.
I learned to sing and play from playing Green Day songs
Check out my YouTube Videos
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/callamanster
Quote by GoldenEmp
Try songs that have the same notes on guitar all over the song.
One song I like is Black Sabbath's Paranoid, because the vocals are very attached to the guitar part.

Seems like a very hard song to both play and sing to.
Quote by LarsHamfield
I learned to sing and play from playing Green Day songs

Any special song you can recommend?
Quote by tolleman
Seems like a very hard song to both play and sing to.

its pretty easy actually
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
its pretty easy actually

Okay i will give it a shot :P

Quote by MyGuitarRomance
Try Man on the Moon by R.E.M. I dont know anything about ur voice, but that 1 works for me. Good luck

Sounds good, but want more of a rock song :P
Everlong by Foo Fighters
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Quote by ThrashUnleashed
Everlong by Foo Fighters

Isn't that chorus in the high range? The first Foo Fighters album works a lot better for this I think. Maybe because Dave wasn't as confident as a singer yet. I'm talking about songs like This is a Call, Big Me and For All the Cows.
Maybe look at the acoustic version of Plush by STP. There are easier songs guitar wise, but the vocals are pretty easy for my voice at least (and I have terrible range).
For Green Day: look into Good Riddance, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Give Me Novacaine or Boulevard of Broken Dreams, all mostly acoustic (Broken Dreams and Novacaine have distorted choruses though, if I recall correctly.) If you're looking for songs that use distortion all the way through, American Idiot is probably the easiest, but most Green Day songs are pretty easy on both the vocals and the guitar. Actually, most punk is actually pretty easy for combining guitar and vocals, like Blink 182.

Some Nirvana songs could work too. I'm thinking of Rape Me or Lithium, but in general, Nirvana's singing is relatively hard and requires a decent range and a special kind of voice to really make it work, though Rape Me is actually pretty easy for vocals.

Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars is also pretty good, since it's not just chords, so in that way you'll be practicing more complex patterns while singing, without it really being hard. If you're looking for something similar to that, the Strokes' This Is It has the same kind of structure, with a two string riff for the verses and chords for the chorus, but it's in my opinion a fair bit harder. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) and Steady As She Goes (The Raconteurs) are two other songs that are a bit harder to play and sing at the same time, since both have a bit of a strange rhythm to them.
Wonderwall seems to be a starting point for most people for guitar and singing too
Yeah there is a lot of easy songs to sing...
'Love Bug' by Jonas Brothers
'The Reason' by Hoobastank
'Here Without You' by 3 Doors Down

Plus point: All you need (apart from your voice,of course) is an acoustic guitar. The guitar parts are simple too.
i find it easier to learn to play song first and then sing once the guitar playing becomes second nature.

that's how i learn the Day that Never comes by Metallica.