neck type 5pc Wizard-7 Maple/Wenge neck w/KTS™ TITANIUM
Reinforcement
body Basswood body
fret Jumbo frets
bridge Edge-Zero 7 bridge w/ZPS3
neck pu V77 Custom (H) neck pu
bridge pu V87 Custom (H) bridge pu
hardware color Cosmo Black

Has anyone played it? Do you think its worth 1700 dollars?
Cheers!
Last edited by RiseTheFallen at Jul 1, 2011,
Its worth it if you can find one 2nd hand.

Amazing guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I have the RG1527 which is the same body wood and pickups so it should sound very simular- be warned, those pickups WILL need upgrading! In fact it seems a LOT like the RG1527 but with those cooler edges, so it should play amazingly. Those necks and fretboard are very flat which makes them perfect for shred.

I don't think it's worth that price however, especially as you will have to upgrade the pickups

EDIT: I haven't tried the ZPS trems but I've heard good things, so perhaps that justifies the price a little more. I don't like the position of that switch, though.. also check around before you buy, try and find a site that gives you a free hardcase (worth around $120-150)
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at Jul 1, 2011,
I need this guitar!! But it stands that its factory tuning is in A-D-G-C-F-A-D, what if i want to play in Drop A or B Standard?
then tune it back up! that video is in B standard
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
It might not be meant for the higher tunings, if that's what the factory tuning is. I'd check that out before buying
its only a half inch difference, the tension wont be that dramatic, even the 6 string version is a 26" scale i believe, it shouldnt be a problem
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Last edited by M_16A at Jul 2, 2011,
Tuning it back up towards standard is fine. Maybe just use a slightly lighter gauge of strings than you normally would.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
i played the guitar, it had old strings, so kinda hard to play, and it was all kinda greasy and stuff from being in a store and all. I personally wouldn't shell out 1700 for it, but like $1000 yeah, pickups would need upgrading. thats about it, its not super good, it has the potential with the right set-up to be really good. sounds fine on its own. if you really want a 7 string and if you've played it and liked it and don't mind paying the big bucks, then go for it i guess.