My next guitar is a PRS SE Tremonti. I thaug about modding it, and i wanted to go from this to this . As far as I know, It would imply:
-Taking off everything
-Sanding the whole thing
-Applying veneer on the top and the head
-Re-finishing (Charcoal Burst)
-Dyeing fretboard (ebonizing)
-Applying eagle decal on the head
-Recessing the knobs and the switch ring
-Covering pups
-Switching tuners

My personal touch would be a satin finished neck to ''speed it up'', maybe new pickups (SH-4 JB/SH-2N Jazz), a coil split for each pickup, on their respective volume pot, some expensive big-ass TOM/Tailpiece combo or even string thru/TOM and maybe a N-Tune onboard tuner on the neck tone.

This project anit for now, but maybe around Christmas.

What do you think about it? Whort it?
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Jul 1, 2011,
''The real thing'' is actually a private stcok(custom), a unique model and its worth 13,000. so I think i save a bit doing my thing.
that is going to be the biggest pain ever. lol. You won't have the flamed maple look though, it'll be the same grain as the first one. the eagle is likely cut out of the headstock the way you wood inlays, so that's something to consider difficultywise. Normally I'll be the first to say start tearing your guitar apart, but IMHO i might look for something closer. Good luck though man. If you do post pics!
*insert witty statement here*
For the flame maple, ill order flame veneer from universal jem and the veneer for the head from stewmac most likely. The eagle on the head is just going to be a decal, placed under the gloss laquer... Its going to be a pain, its going to be pricy, its going to be hard, but it will procure me a huge satisfaction. Does anyone have a tutorial for charcoal burst?
Good luck man. Really hope it turns out well.

I just tried looking around and it seems pretty... undone to say the least. What I gathered is it entails staining the flame maple, sanding it back, then doing just a black ring around the outer edge. Don't take my word on this though, I know practically nothing about finishing. Just trying to help.
*insert witty statement here*
The guitar you're getting doesn't have a flamed maple top, so you're not going to be able to get that pattern unless you completely flatten out the top of your guitar, buy some high quality flamed maple, glue it on, reshape everything, reroute all the holes etc, and then do it. You might as well just build the guitar from scratch.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
The guitar you're getting doesn't have a flamed maple top, so you're not going to be able to get that pattern unless you completely flatten out the top of your guitar, buy some high quality flamed maple, glue it on, reshape everything, reroute all the holes etc, and then do it. You might as well just build the guitar from scratch.

This. It's going to be way more hassle then it's worth. You might as well just completely go custom, and most likely save some cash...
RIP Gooze

cats
well, i tried the guitar at the store and the carving is like 1cm deep, only on the border. Read somewhere that if i rub with rubbing alcohol, the venneer is sonftened and if the carve is minor( like an armrest or the carve on tge SC) its possible to glue on using sandbags and stuff, i saw a guy on youtube do it...