Hello,

So I know that Voodoo lab (or similar products such as the DC Brick from Dunlop) have the advantage of being RIGHT ON your pedalboard. But does that effect the sound really?

The one spot is like a quarter of the price and I'm a little low on cash hahahaha...
I've been using ONE SPOT and have it going through 4 pedals on my pedalboard, and I don't notice any difference in sound at all when I'm on stage. The sound is probably just a minor upgrade for those who have a bunch of cash laying around to spend. Otherwise, ONE SPOT has been working for my whole band.
Go with the One Spot if you are low on cash. I have one powering my pedal board and it works great (I play live with it too). A lot of people say the Voodoo Lab power supply is better because it creates an individual feed for every pedal which prevents noise, however I have my One Spot powering 7 pedals on my board without an ounce of noise. It saves space too.
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
I had used one spot for about a year before it ended up dying (got an electrical short or something?) but it worked great for me, and I would go back to it, except it died before a very important gig and i ended up having to spend 50 bucks on batteries to get through it so i know own a DC Brick and love it. Long term, go for the Voodoo Labs or the brick, but one spots are great and if the cash isnt there, definitely go for it
^ ugh, as far as i'm aware, the dc brick is a daisy chain in a box. if you're going to pay that kind of money, get the voodoo labs as it's isolated.

now, you might not need it to be isolated if you're not getting noise, in which case get the onespot. but (in my opinion) it makes little sense to buy something for the same price which doesn't have the isolation feature (which is pretty much the reason you're paying the money).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What Dace said.
All of it.
Just because some people don't have noise with a daisy chain doesn't mean you won't. I have a ground loop in my chain creating a hum.
Dunlop DC brick is just a daisy-chain in a box. You can have all the same noise problems with one.
The Voodoo Labs is isolated out, which means each pedal thinks it's on it's own separate power supple, meaning no noise from ground loops. You can also daisy chain pedals that aren't noisy together from one output.
Might wanna look into the BBE Supa Charger as well.
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Jul 1, 2011,
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?