This song got me into Opeth and I was reading the lyrics, it brought to mind H.P Lovecraft's short story The Hound. It maybe just a coincindence but I was just curious if this song maybe a tribute or something. So what do you all think?

H.P Lovecraft's The Hound
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/fiction/h.asp

Opeth- The Baying Of The Hounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjg7dQhARY
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
Quote by Wikipedia
"The Baying of the Hounds" is partially inspired by lyrics from the song "Diana" from Comus's album First Utterance. The lyrics are "And she knows by the sound of the baying, by the baying of the hounds."

cool blog bro.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Quote by BruceWillisman
cool blog bro.

wow really? I don't use wikipedia that much but thanks lol I still feel a Lovecraftian sense about this song though...
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
I just recently got into Opeth after I bought Blackwater Park on a whim. I used to joke about acoustic death metal..not anymore
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Since we're all saying it I'll say Drapery Falls was the 1st one I heard. Side note: If anyone hasn't checked out their DVD for live at the Royal Albert Hall, just got it yesterday and it's well worth it.
It's not Lovecraft influenced. As I recall, Ghost Reveries was initially intended to be a concept album about a man who loses his mind, kills his mother, and runs away from the town he lives in. Baying of the Hounds was intended to be the part of the story where he's being chased by the townspeople.

At any rate, this belongs in the massive Opeth thread over in the metal forum.