My guitar recently got a couple of chips/ dents at the side of it and I am wondering if it can be repaired easily. Are there places that will do these repairs and if so, how much would it cost? The chips at the side are really bugging me lol and I want to get rid of them .

Thanks in advance
Hm as far as I know there's not really a way to fix things like that, only because what could you possibly fill them with? I might be wrong though, but if it was me I would try to get over/ ignore them (even though I know that can be really hard and I don't blame you)
Best of luck
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
those nicks and dents reflect expirience, courage, talent and memories, why would you ever want to repair them?
Quote by arnolddrummer
those nicks and dents reflect expirience, courage, talent and memories, why would you ever want to repair them?

I really like the whole finish of the guitar, its shiny and I feel those chips take away from that finish
if you really want them to be fixed, you'll have to paint the whole guitar. unless you have a black guitar, you can use permanent marker to colour the bare wood from chips that way you don't notice it that much :p

maybe picture?
Quote by alexthegreat
if you really want them to be fixed, you'll have to paint the whole guitar. unless you have a black guitar, you can use permanent marker to colour the bare wood from chips that way you don't notice it that much :p

maybe picture?

Its not letting me upload a photo cause the file size is 500kb and the limit is 100kb or something :S

Its a varnished brown wooden colour and the chips are fairly small, but noticeable. the biggest one is probably 1mm deep and half a centimeter lol but it really stands out. surely thee is some way of fixing it without having to do something as drastic as repaint the whole guitar

Pictures?
From the way your speaking, I would reckon that they're just in the finish and not the actual wood itself, in which case you could refinish the guitar to get rid of them.
Quote by robhc
Pictures?
From the way your speaking, I would reckon that they're just in the finish and not the actual wood itself, in which case you could refinish the guitar to get rid of them.

I think your right that only the finish is chipped, Im no expert in guitar repairs but when I examined it it felt like it didt quite get to the wood I dont want to refinish the whole guitar if thats what you mean :S
It just happens, and no refinish unless pro will look or last like a nice one. best bet is to live with it, or some kind of time consuming crappy putty and paint coverup